FAA Registration Rules Announced NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you find the photo so offensive? Be more specific. The armchair psychologist in me would like to know why you feel you can attack me over my avatar.
So?[/QUOTE]
This is the internet, you should leave your feelings at your armchair. Why do you think its ok to call another member an "asshat?" If you want to call names, you should be ok with receiving the same treatment.

Why do you find the photo so offensive? Be more specific. The armchair psychologist in me would like to know why you feel you can attack me over my avatar.
So?

A quote from the moderators.....

stay_on_topic.png

Yep...just keep going "Baaaaaaaaa" and giving up your rights one by one....let's see how that works out for ya in the long run.
The number of sheeple in this nation is out of control.

If flying a right but not driving?

Owing a gun is a right, but how about firing one anywhere I like?

Owning a car is a right, but how about driving it anyway and anywhere I like?

Owning a bike is a right, but how about riding it anywhere and anyway? Are you not obligated to equip you 6 years old child with a helmet when they ride bike? Is that another case of your right being taken away?

How about wearing seat belt?

Skateboard in parks, parking lots, sidewalks, etc? I would assume if we can fly anywhere we like, skateboarder should be allow to skate anywhere they like, be it parks, parking lots, side walks, or staircase. It is a toy after all.

On that note, how about hitting a golf ball anywhere like across freeway? I am pretty sure I can hit a golf ball clear across 14 lanes of freeway. Surely the golf ball is much lighter and smaller than most UAV and it is a toy, albeit grown up toy. How about hitting a baseball or softball? Should there be a restriction on where such sport can be played?

I agree that owning a uav is a right, but I am not so sure about flying it anywhere and anyway we feel like it.

Reactions: afx and Buckaye
If flying a right but not driving?
I agree that owning a uav is a right, but I am not so sure about flying it anywhere and anyway we feel like it.

Please check my posts in this thread. Then show me where I said anything like that. Then I'll respond further.

The VAST majority of people at this forum (myself included) do not need ANYONE to tell us not to fly in a manner that puts others in harm. Those who do need it, more than likely will not heed the rules anyway. My beef is putting new restrictions on everyone because of a few. Those few should instead be caught and severely punished. Instead, the rest of us are punished with new fees and restrictions.

That was my point.

So, anyone who keeps defending this going to post the real world benefits ?

I can't think of an upside, but plenty downside. So taking emotion out, the rational thing to do is to register. No upside, but plenty of downside. Simple ROI analysis. Unless someone can say definitively that there would be no prosecution ever that will be held up.

Flying is not a right, it's a privilege. LE can view/inspect your license plate and VIN on your car anytime they want. And you are required to have both visible.

They are directly responsible for enforcement of motor vehicle law at a State/County/City level.... not Federal Aviation laws. Most of them are lucky to know motor vehicle law in their jurisdiction, they won't know FAA requirements.

Reactions: Bluesmaster
Can't register until the 21st... like the Gov't is capable of getting a SECURE website together that quickly. Why do I have to pay $5 dollars to have it refunded? I do not wish to give them any financial info, they have proven they can't keep info secure.

Good point. Another nay with substance to back it up.

Still waiting for the list of benefits. I'm sure someone really good at twisting words and making propaganda is working hard on it now.

Can't register until the 21st... like the Gov't is capable of getting a SECURE website together that quickly. Why do I have to pay $5 dollars to have it refunded? I do not wish to give them any financial info, they have proven they can't keep info secure.
to prevent you from using a false address and or possible burner phone. Think about it. Crash your Quad, no phone number, No address. Financial info is secured and in most consumer cases, cannot be falsed. Plus they will have to mail you your number and certificate. Billing address will need to match mailing i'm sure. And yes, the government is clearly retarded and I do not have any desire to hand them my CC#

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I can't think of an upside, but plenty downside. So taking emotion out, the rational thing to do is to register. No upside, but plenty of downside. Simple ROI analysis. Unless someone can say definitively that there would be no prosecution ever that will be held up.

And THAT is my point.
There SHOULD BE NO registration.
Why put millions of people through unnecessary BS ? Just for the sake of enjoying putting it to the people because you can?

If the only upside is avoiding prosecution for not falling in line, that speaks volumes.

What do you want people on a forum to say? If you don't like it... don't register and take your chances (I am not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV, anything I say here should NOT be construed as legal advice. If you are concerned about your legal obligations you should hire and consult an attorney). You'll get to say you're not a sheep, and you pulled one over on the good 'ol US of A. Congrats.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Please check my posts in this thread. Then show me where I said anything like that. Then I'll respond further.

The VAST majority of people at this forum (myself included) do not need ANYONE to tell us not to fly in a manner that puts others in harm. Those who do need it, more than likely will not heed the rules anyway. My beef is putting new restrictions on everyone because of a few. Those few should instead be caught and severely punished. Instead, the rest of us are punished with new fees and restrictions.

That was my point.

You did not. That said, if you do not plan on flying your uav and are simply content to own it, I don't think you are required to register . I think registration is only required if you plan on operating it.

Does registration equate to restriction? Your point / beef is valid, but I fail to see how registration equate to restriction.

That was my point.
What "restriction" does this place on you?

Those few should instead be caught and severely punished

Under what law should they be severely punished? Sounds like a pretty government heavy statement from a anti-big-government person....

I honestly think for this point forward if you connect your Phantom to the internet you are a fool. Nothing but restrictions from here on out. Just wait until the newest "firmware" comes out. This forum will be full of people crying about geo fencing and restrictions. DJI has already annouced support for FAA regulations. Why wouldn't they?

Why is this registration a big deal?

Because Government is like a black hole. It knows no boundaries, shows no compassion and absolutely positively will stop at nothing until it consumes and controls every aspect of your life. It has now found a way to control your pursuit of happiness through your hobbies.
You did not. That said, if you do not plan on flying your uav and are simply content to own it, I don't think you are required to register . I think registration is only required if you plan on operating it.

Does registration equate to restriction? Your point / beef is valid, but I fail to see how registration equate to restriction.

How does it equate to restriction?
Let me ask you this.....do you believe this is the end of it?
Or does past evidence tell us that government bureaucracies start out small then get bloated way out of proportion, costing taxpayers billions in the process?
I have a feeling a lot more restrictions will be forthcoming after they get a good size registration database.
The database will give them more power of enforcement. That will mean they can set more restrictions to enforce.
Speculation...maybe...but only based on past evidence.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
They are directly responsible for enforcement of motor vehicle law at a State/County/City level.... not Federal Aviation laws. Most of them are lucky to know motor vehicle law in their jurisdiction, they won't know FAA requirements.

You are most likely correct. However, if you are ever unlucky enough to be involve in an accident, doesn't the potential jail term give you a pause? Or will you argue the case then? Just curious.

Understand this, I am not encouraging you or anyone else to register. It is not my *** (no pun intended) that is going to be hurting if Others don't register.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj