FAA Registration Rules Announced NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not a law...
I don't have the link to support this but I am pretty sure it IS law now. Steve posted details about it and it's buried within over 200 pages of legal jargon.

So what happens if your registered drone is involved in an incident? Are we to believe the penalties would be much less harsh than if it was non registered?

Several of you are seem to be trying hard to keep your balance as you point out the "slippery slope" you imagine yourselves to be on the precipice of, while trying to juggle your strawmen and red herrings.

Feel the fear.

So you're trying the same argument liberals are doing now with guns and the no fly list. It's ok to take a person's freedom, but until it's actually taken, they can't do anything about it. At that point, it's too late.

You know, everyone fighting the registration... resistance is futile. Your Phantom already IS registered. With the way DJI has been bending over and taking it from the FAA what makes you think they don't already have access to your flight records, elevations, times and maybe even video? NOT registering might actually be more dangerous than registering. "Cross referencing ****** Ron's DJI registration and flight last week, I don't see an FAA account..."

Face it. They have us by the balls and we have no one to thank but ourselves. We elected them. Maybe not directly, but ultimately our complacency with what little freedom we have and lack of collective interest in politics has cause the bottom of the barrel to boil to the top, and that what we have at every level now.

following

Very cool. That's Phoenix Flight Sim. I've not used mine in a while and didn't know they had a Phantom model available. I guess I need to update mine to see what else I've missed LOL.

So what happens if your registered drone is involved in an incident? Are we to believe the penalties would be much less harsh than if it was non registered?

I would say it depends on the incident... you crash into your neighbors house? Probably not... you crash into a 747 with a bunch of people on board... probably, because they would want to tack on any charge they could find for your being dumb enough to fly near a commercial aircraft....

Reactions: GoodnNuff
A friend of the family is a real airline pilot and I spoke to him last night about these hitting a plane and he said, they hit birds all the time and it doesn't really cause a problem. plastic is no tougher than bone.
so even in the very rare chance one of these got sucked into an engine, it's probably not going to bring it down. I certainly wouldn't want to find out. but there isn't any real evidence that panic is warranted either.

Planes also fly hundreds of miles per hour at 20-40k feet typically. I doubt our little drones are going to be able to catch up with one..

save someone doing that while they are on the ground at an airport. but in that situation, those folks are intending to do harm no matter what. making people register or keep drones LOS, isn't going to change that one bit.

Planes have to take off and land. This is when they are the most likely to hit birds or drones. And it is also when pilots are the busiest.

I have personally hit a seagull, cut it in half with my C177 prop, it was a bloody mess. If it had hit the windshield, I would probably be dead now. It happened just as I was flaring landing on a small strip in Cape Breton. GA planes only have a thin plexiglass windshield.

I have been a private pilot for a lot of years and have yet to encounter a drone in flight, and if it did run in to my 172 I think that it would be less or equivalent to a bird strike. This is similar to what the FCC did to the CB radio craze back in the 70's. They tried to force every CB'er to get a FCC license and use their call letter on the air...that didn't work out too well . :)

I will register my drone, but will do so under protest. I think It would be far more important to register owners of laser pointers rather than drone owners.

So you're trying the same argument liberals are doing now with guns and the no fly list. It's ok to take a person's freedom, but until it's actually taken, they can't do anything about it. At that point, it's too late.
I'm sorry that you have confused an observation with an "argument."
heh.

Very cool. That's Phoenix Flight Sim. I've not used mine in a while and didn't know they had a Phantom model available. I guess I need to update mine to see what else I've missed LOL.

Wow are you saying that's a screen grab from a Flight Simulator? **** dude that's awsome..

I would say it depends on the incident... you crash into your neighbors house? Probably not... you crash into a 747 with a bunch of people on board... probably, because they would want to tack on any charge they could find for your being dumb enough to fly near a commercial aircraft....

Hyperbole much?
So exactly how many times has a drone crashed into a 747 thus far?
Waiting.....

Planes have to take off and land. This is when they are the most likely to hit birds or drones. And it is also when pilots are the busiest.

I have personally hit a seagull, cut it in half with my C177 prop, it was a bloody mess. If it had hit the windshield, I would probably be dead now. It happened just as I was flaring landing on a small strip in Cape Breton. GA planes only have a thin plexiglass windshield.

Here is what a 5lb Seagull can do to a small plane. About the same weight as my Phantom, a bit lighter than some of my other quads:

Would this be an illegal flight?

a849cd23aa46c359447b96452f342c6b.jpg

Hyperbole much?
So exactly how many times has a drone crashed into a 747 thus far?
Waiting.....

Wow you need to look up hyperbole.

I was using two fictitious examples to describe how it MIGHT be different from one situation to another. That's called "speculation"... a tool that you yourself admit to using.

Please tell me where I said either of these two events DID in fact occur and I will respond.

Waiting.....

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Wow are you saying that's a screen grab from a Flight Simulator? **** dude that's awsome..
Yep it's called Phoenix Flight Sim and it ROCKS!

I actually have used that very same airport to do some Sim Instruction with one of my RC students a while back. I just didn't know they had added the Phantom to the model list.

Here's a screen shot of that same flying site but using a high wing airplane
beaver.jpg

lol.
Here we go again. He who gives up a bit of freedom for any amount of security....deserves neither. (was that Ben Franklin?)

Yeah .. it's a real shame I can't just beat the stupid AH senseless, that flew up here during the Bass Lake fire and caused the tankers to be delayed for almost a half hour, while my neighborhood burned.

But **** ... there's a law against that .... even if the beating is deserved, because we want security that Franklin (and you) said we don't deserve .....
C'mon, use some brain in your reply instead of parroting a quaint colloquialism.

Whether I like this law or not, I'm going to make the best out of it ...instead of whimpering away like a beat pup, quoting something that makes people trying to find the best in a situation, out to be cowards.

Since you are so full of Franklin ... where exactly is your campaign to repeal it, or are you just talk?

Yep it's called Phoenix Flight Sim and it ROCKS!

I actually have used that very same airport to do some Sim Instruction with one of my RC students a while back. I just didn't know they had added the Phantom to the model list.

Here's a screen shot of that same flying site but using a high wing airplane
beaver.jpg
I've had my Phoenix Flight Simulator for about 3 years now. The cable died last week, sent it back to Horizon Hobby with an explanation, no receipt - and just got a new cable in the mail today! Talk about great customer service!

Now back to "The Sky is Falling/Sad Day in America" hyperbole....

Reactions: Flyer91 and BigAl07
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart