FAA registration requirement returning for hobbyists

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
Reactions: FLYBOYJ and BigAl07
Reactions: FLYBOYJ and sar104
One positive that may come out of this is that DJI may have to actually fix YOUR DRONE and not supply someone else's beaten and questionable refurbished sent back to you with a different serial number needing a re-registration with the FAA if that becomes a means to track a wayward drone.

I've been suspicious of their refurbished replacement service policy where you get back a worse-for-wear looking drone where yours looked new sent in for service. Their repair warranty is pretty short and tough to dig through (7 days??), whereas their factory refurb warranty (i.e. Your new drone sent in for repair.) is far better. Nice practice...NOT! If mine wads up, I'll send it to a 3rd party and pay to get it fixed so I know MINE comes back and doesn't make it to their factory refurbished site with a better warranty.

Last edited:
Reactions: ndroll
One positive that may come out of this is that DJI may have to actually fix YOUR DRONE and not supply someone else's beaten and questionable refurbished sent back to you with a different serial number needing a re-registration with the FAA if that becomes a means to track a wayward drone.

I've been suspicious of their refurbished replacement service policy where you get back a worse-for-wear looking drone where yours looked new sent in for service. Their repair warranty is pretty short and tough to dig through (7 days??), whereas their factory refurb warranty (i.e. Your new drone sent in for repair.) is far better. Nice practice...NOT! If mine wads up, I'll send it to a 3rd party and pay to get it fixed so I know MINE comes back and doesn't make it to their factory refurbished site with a better warranty.

But recreational registration was not, at least in its previous incarnation, on a per drone basis, and so surely that argument really only applies, and currently does apply, to commercial registration.

I already have mine under my phantom 3 standard. I think it is worthy the $5 dollars registration and keep everyone safe.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164