FAA REGISTRATION IS SIMPLE

I registered, because I don't need the hassle. I'm not going to break any of the rules, so why not. Hey, I'm a magician and I had to register my rabbits with the USDA. That cost $40, and I get inspected every year. How crazy is that. I do understand some people hate the Government intruding, I respect that.
What do they inspect the rabbits for? That is pretty weird.

What do they inspect the rabbits for? That is pretty weird.
PETA must have a bunny lobbyist lobbying the USDA for rabbit safety. Rogue magicians have been attaching them to drones and flying them over fires in their acts! :D:rolleyes: Now all magicians have to register their rabbits and their drones! :eek:

Reactions: aka1ceman
I also registered today.
Got my number and "ticket" ... printed it, cut it out, folded it, and laminated it for my wallet.

I added ...
Name: Paladin
"Have Drone. Will Travel".
:cool:
I prefer, "See Drone. Still Can't Identify Pilot." :p

I registered mine today and i dont even live in America...better to be safe than sorry!!:confused:

Reactions: Flyer91
...and some of us just want to "borrow" your drone, with your reg# inside the drone we happen to be flying that day, and a copy of a your reg document on our tablet, so we can just fly hassle free! :p
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it! :D

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill with your "borrowing" scheme. You don't think if you did something nefarious, made a mistake or had an accident with a drone that had a "borrowed" number on it, they wouldn't find you? It would be easy, no matter what you had labeled on your aircraft. You would have to plan and take some extensive precautions to NOT get caught if something happened.

The other end of the spectrum is if someone grabbed your number and used it, you could easily prove it wasn't you, in about 5 seconds. Again, it would take some serious planning to implicate someone else "Gone Girl" style. You sound like a broken record , Gadget Guy.

SD

So, what numbers are granted? Also, any AMA members in here? Did AMA not request people hold off a bit?

The registration process is simple and there's "no excuse" not to abide by this requirement. The people that intentionally avoid registering will likely turn out to be those that create headaches down the road for the rest of us. Aside from the aforementioned registration requirement, common sense should be included as well.

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill with your "borrowing" scheme. You don't think if you did something nefarious, made a mistake or had an accident with a drone that had a "borrowed" number on it, they wouldn't find you? It would be easy, no matter what you had labeled on your aircraft. You would have to plan and take some extensive precautions to NOT get caught if something happened.

The other end of the spectrum is if someone grabbed your number and used it, you could easily prove it wasn't you, in about 5 seconds. Again, it would take some serious planning to implicate someone else "Gone Girl" style. You sound like a broken record , Gadget Guy.

SD

There's nothing different about the irrational response(s) to these regulations being voiced here and those irrational fears the public has about Drones themselves.

People are human, and humans do what humans do.

Reactions: Meta4
How do they know you registered with a real address, a real name and email address and didn't just create some burner information? You could easily register in your inlaws, brothers. Anybody can buy a Phantom with cash and then put in bogus information to the FAA or no information at all. Anyway, for those of you that did want to register glad it was easy. But I still maintain that database was programmed several months ago and this recent committee was pure theater.

When they started photo radar here the cops and contractor didn't want us to know that is we register our vehicles in our spouses name that invalids the ticket they send you in the mail since not everyone changes sex (Jenner aside). Most government rules aren't thought out and easily countered.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
If you were ever were caught or investigated the facts would be uncovered.

Not registering would seem to be a better course than doing so facetiously.

The 'cover-up' is typically worse than the offense and shows intent to defraud.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
How do they know you registered with a real address, a real name and email address and didn't just create some burner information? You could easily register in your inlaws, brothers. Anybody can buy a Phantom with cash and then put in bogus information to the FAA or no information at all.

You are required to use a charge card to register. Unless you are using a stolen charge card it would be easy to find you if needed.

Reactions: CCDD
I registered, because I don't need the hassle. I'm not going to break any of the rules, so why not. Hey, I'm a magician and I had to register my rabbits with the USDA. That cost $40, and I get inspected every year. How crazy is that. I do understand some people hate the Government intruding, I respect that.

Oh man I am just imagining someone coming with badges saying "We're here to inspect the rabbits"

Really though. For all the anti registration people out there. You may want to think twice. The FAA is going to find someone to make an example out of. That person could be you.

Reactions: Flyer91 and CCDD

SD

Not to mention conspiring to steal an identity to avoid prosecution.
Stealing the identity to avoid prosecution.
Traveling on public roads to a place to illegally fly with a stolen identification ... to avoid prosecution. (OK .. totally out of butt ... but it's America 2016 folks so don't take anything for granted). ;)
Flying with a stolen identification to avoid prosecution.
Flying without a registration, to avoid prosecution.

All leading to an overindulgence in "Bad Boy, Bad Boys, whatc'ha gonna do, whatc'ha gonna do when they come for you?" syndrome.

Heck ....there's at least 5 charges (with compounding circumstances) ...... in 'one' flight!!
I think they just shoot on sight (16 times) for all that! :eek:

I also registered today.
Got my number and "ticket" ... printed it, cut it out, folded it, and laminated it for my wallet.

I added ...
Name: Paladin
"Have Drone. Will Travel".
:cool:

No need to carry it around in your wallet is there? Just want to make sure I didn't miss something and the last thing I need is something else in my wallet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20