FAA REGISTRATION IS SIMPLE

Reaction score
So I went ahead and registered with the FAA today. I will avoid the conversation about should we have to do this or shouldn't we and instead accept the inevitable fact that if I want to fly my drone I'm going to have to register it. That being said, the whole thing took five minutes. They now have my name and address. If somebody wants to search my number and find my address maybe that's going to end up being a be FAA sponsored lost and found. Either way I'm not going to hide the fact that I own a drone.

...and some of us just want to "borrow" your drone, with your reg# inside the drone we happen to be flying that day, and a copy of a your reg document on our tablet, so we can just fly hassle free! :p
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it! :D

...and some of us just want to "borrow" your drone, with your reg# inside the drone we happen to be flying that day, and a copy of a your reg document on our tablet, so we can just fly hassle free! :p
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it! :D
Yeah that'll work

Reactions: johnp44
I registered today too. The online process is very smooth and easy. I'm happy to operate above board, and would even like to one day be using a transponder for easy FAA Ident.

Speaking of a transponder, is there portable transponder like device you can buy and attach to your drone? :D Kind of like a FlyTrax Core?

So I went ahead and registered with the FAA today. I will avoid the conversation about should we have to do this or shouldn't we and instead accept the inevitable fact that if I want to fly my drone I'm going to have to register it. That being said, the whole thing took five minutes. They now have my name and address. If somebody wants to search my number and find my address maybe that's going to end up being a be FAA sponsored lost and found. Either way I'm not going to hide the fact that I own a drone.
What registeration # did the faa give you?

Wow... under $2000... I take it it's closer to $2000 then $1000.
"Uhm...mine broke. Sorry!" :p
Kind of like the first dashboard video cameras installed in patrol cars.
The cops kept breaking them, and reporting that they weren't working, so they could do as they have always done...:rolleyes:

Reactions: aka1ceman
"Uhm...mine broke. Sorry!" :p
Kind of like the first dashboard video cameras installed in patrol cars.
The cops kept breaking them, and reporting that they weren't working, so they could do as they have always done...:rolleyes:
Don't hijack the thread. Its about who registered and why.

I registered, because I don't need the hassle. I'm not going to break any of the rules, so why not. Hey, I'm a magician and I had to register my rabbits with the USDA. That cost $40, and I get inspected every year. How crazy is that. I do understand some people hate the Government intruding, I respect that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20