FAA Part 107 sUAS Recurrent Test

Thats because they don't reissue a new card every time. And why they want you to keep the receipt of the AKT Passed Test safe. That is our only record of Recirtification.
The card you get initially is permanent. With the original issue/expired date
Actually I’m saying it’s the opposite. The replacement came with a brand new issue date. A year later than initial. So it appears as though I have another year. For example. If I passed initial in 2018 and got a replacement in 2019, the replacement has a 2019 issue date. Making it look like I don’t have to recertify till 2021.

I’m not claiming that I magically have another year. It just makes it look that way. I had to check IACRA to see when I really was first certified.

Actually I’m saying it’s the opposite. The replacement came with a brand new issue date. A year later than initial. So it appears as though I have another year. For example. If I passed initial in 2018 and got a replacement in 2019, the replacement has a 2019 issue date. Making it look like I don’t have to recertify till 2021.

I’m not claiming that I magically have another year. It just makes it look that way. I had to check IACRA to see when I really was first certified.

Ah. That is strange. When I first realized I didn’t have my receipt for my recirtification -test taken in May 2019- I asked for a new card and they sent me a copy of my original issued in 2017.
So I called and they directed me to the link above , and I had to physically send in the check & get a copy of the AKT from last May. That’s my only proof that I’m current.

I was told that would be the only way to do it.

Ah. That is strange. When I first realized I didn’t have my receipt for my recirtification -test taken in May 2019- I asked for a new card and they sent me a copy of my original issued in 2017.
So I called and they directed me to the link above , and I had to physically send in the check & get a copy of the AKT from last May. That’s my only proof that I’m current.

I was told that would be the only way to do it.

What did you do to get a copy of your AKTR? I don't need one at this time, but if I did, I foresee a hassle. As i mentioned, I can still log in to PSI website, but I don't see where they have record of my initial test in 2018 or the recurrent test I took a month ago. My guess is I can't get a new copy of it with a click of the mouse. I have a feeling I would have to send emails or make phone calls. I'll just keep my AKTR in my drone case and a scanned copy of it on my computer and hope I never have to worry about replacing it.

How is the license or certification card handled for those of you that have an actual manned pilot's license. Do you get a new card when you are retested? Do you keep your original card and carry a piece of paper showing you've passed a recurrent test?
What if we all still carried our driver's license from when we got it at 16 and then had to carry a piece of paper showing the last time we passed a recurrent test? Would that make sense?

What did you do to get a copy of your AKTR? I don't need one at this time, but if I did, I foresee a hassle. As i mentioned, I can still log in to PSI website, but I don't see where they have record of my initial test in 2018 or the recurrent test I took a month ago. My guess is I can't get a new copy of it with a click of the mouse. I have a feeling I would have to send emails or make phone calls. I'll just keep my AKTR in my drone case and a scanned copy of it on my computer and hope I never have to worry about replacing it.
Go to this link: Airmen Certification – Replace an Airmen Certificate
And we do keep our original Part 107 cars that was first issued. The only thing that we get after taking the AKT is the “Pass” receipt. From that link you’ll see instructions on how to get a copy of the AKT receipt. :
Or you can mail us:
an Application for Replacement of Lost, Destroyed, or Paper Airman Certificate form
or a signed, written request stating your:
name
date and place of birth
social security number and/or certificate number
the reason you need a replacement
You must include a check or money order for $2 (U.S. funds), made payable to FAA, for each certificate you request.
You can mail your request to:
Office Hours
Monday through Friday
7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Central Time

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair