FAA Logo - Just a "Heads Up"

Reaction score
Being pretty excited about finally being able to fly commercially under the "107," I wanted to paste that pretty FAA logo on my website to celebrate and announce the fact. Bunches of folks have done this and it looks great.

Alas, we can't do it. Huh!? I knew it was alright (yeah) but as a caution checked it out and found that we have to have permission to use the logo from FAA's Communications Office, and that would be by way of one of their regional offices. Their Job Order concerning this clearly says basically to contact them for permission and that it would be okay (as it seemed, anyway) as long as the logo could not be misinterpreted as some kind of FAA endorsement. Cool - I was going to put it on my website right next to the good news of being certified. After contacting my regional (Southern) FAA Communications office, it was a NO GO for the logo.

Part of the reply, which was quite friendly and cordial:
"The FAA does not permit the use of its logo by external organizations. Doing so implies an FAA endorsement, which we do not grant to regulated operators. Please do not use the logo on your web site."

Well, that is not what I think the JO says, considering it lays out a procedure, but okay. Here is the document I went by, paragraph 9:
http://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/order/branding_writing/Branding_Order_17006.pdf

Not really bad news, but just a heads up. Hey - I did cite the JO but maybe I asked the question incorrectly. I will ask again in a week - maybe I'll get someone else. :)

Last edited:
I like the Nike logo

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-aR2NGWtuS...llery-for-nike-football-logo-png-sp0d3sc2.png

whisperingsmiley.gif
otoh if your site is for profit you probably would want to have permission

Last edited:
NASA does the same thing with their logo. It still appears all over the place. I'm not suggesting that you use it, but it does happen all the time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20