FAA Investigating Possible Illegal Use of Drone at Hartford

Re: FAA Investigating Possible Illegal Use of Drone at Hartf

HAHAH,

sad as this sounds one one guy ( I believe Phantom pilot ) had the bigger picture in mind !!!

This is very sad to see.

Well folks the police should use this tool to investigate the area, make 3 D models ..... but they are still using film to record
crime area's.... That is what happens when you are not going with times.

Sorry one guy on the police force just with phantom could help solve crimes, accidents by taken picture in the air in seconds and not days months.....

Typical every one still thinks that they are a danger to the public..... so is a hand gun, a car a bike with or with out motor.
the privacy issue.... do you have a credit card, face book account or better a page or an email?

You know where I am going with this..... :roll: sorry but UAV's or UAS's are to stay and they will help in so many ways.

just my 1 cent

By the way, here is a comparison between the video taken the TV station journalists who were standing across the street from the accident (and which aired on TV) and the drone journalist who was flying 150 feet or so in the air, whose photos never aired on TV.

Curious, which would you consider more of an "invasion of the victim's privacy?"

https://app.box.com/s/kmhmt2e2df4y188bvoie

If we're waiting on someone else (other than THIS community) to get both hands around this issue of "Drones" vs. "RC models with cameras"...we're in for a punch right in the PHOQUING face.

Anyone remember when these Phantoms used to be considered R/C AIRCRAFT?

This $hit is getting ridiculous and we had all better get a handle on it ASAP....at the risk of having a metric *** ton of rules, regulations, and laws that are completely disassociated from fekkin REALITY.

Yeah, I've heard enough. Yeah, I own one.

And you PRATTS that are flying these things close to people... Get off. Stop. You're paving a rough road for the 90% who are trying like hell to be respectful, safe, diligent, and courteous to the general public.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WVX_c0yiuE

GundoLarry said:
And you PRATTS that are flying these things close to people... Get off. Stop. You're paving a rough road for the 90% who are trying like hell to be respectful, safe, diligent, and courteous to the general public.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WVX_c0yiuE

While I may believe 90% of all model aircraft R/C flyers are as you say, "respectful, safe, diligent and courteous to the general public". I'm not convinced 90% of the Phantom flyers fit your description. There are too many new flyers using a technology that is too easy to use in a manner not consistent with your criteria.

Thanks Buk...I'm afraid you're right. Too many sold. Too easy to fly. Didn't take any discipline or bad mistakes to "master". GPS mode and smooth characteristics may give an unfortunate sense of control until some curious bystander gets their head cut open or the fed/state/local agencies start citing us or confiscating these awesome tools. Just really concerned about the hobby honestly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31