FAA Finally Admits Names And Addresses In Drone Registry Will Be Publicly Available

The real sheep are anyone still getting distracted by this sort of nonsense.

Even if I was wrong about that particular online database, The fact that you are ok with it makes you the biggest sheep of all. Maybe you like being branded and tagged like cattle. because an online registry that is forced is still nothing more than tagging cattle. No matter what you or others think or say, One thing will always remain. Stupid laws will not effect those intentionally breaking them. they will only make it harder for the people not breaking them in the first place.

Even if I was wrong about that particular online database, The fact that you are ok with it makes you the biggest sheep of all. Maybe you like being branded and tagged like cattle. because an online registry that is forced is still nothing more than tagging cattle. No matter what you or others think or say, One thing will always remain. Stupid laws will not effect those intentionally breaking them. they will only make it harder for the people not breaking them in the first place.
Life is very scary.
It started when I had to register for kindergarten. Then I had to register for Social Security. Then I had to register for a driver's license. Then I had to register my car, then the insurance, then the emissions of the car. Then I had to register for the draft. And to vote. And to go to college. And to maintain my professional licensure I had to register with the state and the Feds. It just goes on and on...
Should I moo like cattle, baa like a sheep, or bray like a jackass?

The bottom line is you and I will never agree. So there is no point. Some people love regulations and some do not. But this regulation will do absolutely ZERO to anyone breaking the law who did not register. And why would they register. Do you really think the next moron that decides to strap a bomb or a gun to a quad is going to register it first ???? The only thing this registry is doing Is making a database of HONEST individuals who are not going to doing something crazy in the first place. Can you really not see this? Come on be real, Once I register and get my number, If I was going to do something wrong do you again really think I would put my own number on my Quad.

I love this hobby, and absolutely hate people that do stupid **** that is making it hard for all of us. But this is not the correct way to solve it, and you all know it. Its just another way to get another fee out of those who register after Feb. 19th.

Do I have the answer? NO I do not, But I am at least willing to try and make a stand for what I believe, and you are also making a stand for what you believe. Its just my opinion your stand is stupid. The same as you feel mine is.

This does not mean we cannot stop acting like children aka congress and find a better way other than the, my way or no way mentality...

Again it is my OPINION. A database of names will not fix a darn thing. All it is doing is padding the pockets of another branch of government.

I do apologize for my cattle terms, But I still whole heartily think you are 100% dead A** Wrong in thinking this is ok. Again my opinion.

For all of you that are truly unaware. Here is a Link to the Public FAA database.

All I have to do is put in manufacture: DJI and what model: and WHAM everyone that registered that specific model.

LINK====> FAA Registry - Aircraft - Make / Model Inquiry <====LINK

Until this is changed, I WILL NEVER REGISTER...

Oh yea, once you select the state you live in, you will get a list of peeps that registered, NOW Click the N-Number link to get that persons serial number and address to their drone.

If you are OK with this. Then you are crazy. Just my opinion.

Psst FLAME ON...
That only works for drones that have N numbers assigned. All the happy little FA numbers are safe!
Edit: Late as usual. At least we all agree on something.

Or maybe we don't give a hoot. Even before I had to register with the FAA, I've had my house registered with the local government, my cars and boats registered with the state. I have to register with the DEA, FBI, TSA and FCC because of jobs and hobbies. Because of the Alaska Sunshine Act, my name, phone number and email address is on various city websites (I have been on local boards). Half the friggen town knows my cell phone since I'm the EMS advisor for the local fire department.

The hilarious thing about this is the three major credit reporting agencies can't keep half of this stuff straight, think I've worked for Boeing since I was ten years old (that would have been my father who shares the same first INITIAL) and am sure that I've lived in a couple of places that just don't jibe with my memory.

If you really want to live 'off the grid' you can do it. I'm not sure where it gets you. And I run NoScript / AdBlock / Ghostery on my computers, keep up with passwords and ***** anytime anyone wants my Social Security Number so I get keeping a low profile. When I want to be anonymous, I try to be anonymous. But getting wound up about this seems completely pointless.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I registered the first day and never worried about it. I can be found so many different ways on the Web anyway, so what it one more. I work with criminals every day (literally) and it is not legal to conceal my name from public records because I am not sworn law enforcement. I could worry or not, but no one has ever bothered to show up at my house.

I threw away my tin foil hats years ago. Conspiracy theories are just a plot by the aluminum manufacturers to sell more aluminum foil.

Remember the wild west days of the Internet? Back in the late '80's and early '90's?! Man, it was great! We kind of had that the last couple of years with these drones. Wild and crazy fun! But a little too crazy and fun. Now it's a registered hobby. It is what it is. Just flip 'em the bird as you click the register button..................... made me feel a little better.

Or maybe we don't give a hoot. Even before I had to register with the FAA, I've had my house registered with the local government, my cars and boats registered with the state. I have to register with the DEA, FBI, TSA and FCC because of jobs and hobbies.
Ya but does the FBI DEA or the TSA publish any of the info you provide them???? do they make it publicly searchable?????????????

Because of the Alaska Sunshine Act, my name, phone number and email address is on various city websites (I have been on local boards). Half the friggen town knows my cell phone since I'm the EMS adviser for the local fire department.
Well if you are in the public eye its a no brainer that they might know who you are. Or have some contact info for you.

My old lady is a teacher and also the door greeter in the mornings at the school and every one knows mrs v but the school dont go publish our home address. Tho I'm sure it would make our neighbors more happy at Halloween if the kids could get the right house instead of egging the guy next door Tho its funny that he is the head of NY state dhs lol opps. But we still dont have her name on our mailbox being that if some one dont know exactly what house the teacher lives in is fine with us and any one that knows were we live knows we live here and dont need to see any names on the mail box. Tho When my old lady worked for the ny state attorney generals office not only was she NOT allowed to give out any personally identifiable info on the internet whats so ever she would be fired from her job if she did. She was not allowed to have a listed phone number or home address nore was she even allowed to have personal web accounts on places like face book and allowed to use her full name and could only use a screen name. and also her drivers license info was red flagged to and if any one ever for any reason even tried running her info or her plates on the cars law enforcement was notified and the person doing the checking had better have a real valid and official excuse for looking up her info. Her mom as well being she also worked there and it did happen one time when some random person tried looking up there info that worked at dmv. the police went there asking the person why and what official reasons did they have to be looking up any ones info. Turns out she was just looking for some one else with the same name. But did not have any legal reason to be using the work computer at dmv to look up peoples person private info Turns out they were also looking up other flagged people also like different celebrity and what not and it was a big scandle that resulted in a few people getting canned and charged with crimes for it.

People even mentioned that they have no problem even giving out there ssn to any one that asks. Well I guess thats fine and dandy to any one that don't care and is willing to give out any thing they want to give out. Heck I could care less if some one wanted to also give out there credit card info and pin number and put in on a sign in front of there house. Its there card and there money and they are more then free to go and give it out if they are that dumb. But were I live in ny state its now against the law for the last 2 years or so for any one to even ask for a ssn or to even give out ones ssn for any thing not tax or financially related. It can no longer be used in ny state as a random ID being a ssn is not id and ones number does not even belong to them and is property of the IRS and isnt even supposed to be used for any thing other then some ones social security and now for taxes for about the last 30 years or so.

Ya but does the FBI DEA or the TSA publish any of the info you provide them???? do they make it publicly searchable?????????????

Well if you are in the public eye its a no brainer that they might know who you are. Or have some contact info for you.

My old lady is a teacher and also the door greeter in the mornings at the school and every one knows mrs v but the school dont go publish our home address. Tho I'm sure it would make our neighbors more happy at Halloween if the kids could get the right house instead of egging the guy next door Tho its funny that he is the head of NY state dhs lol opps. But we still dont have her name on our mailbox being that if some one dont know exactly what house the teacher lives in is fine with us and any one that knows were we live knows we live here and dont need to see any names on the mail box. Tho When my old lady worked for the ny state attorney generals office not only was she NOT allowed to give out any personally identifiable info on the internet whats so ever she would be fired from her job if she did. She was not allowed to have a listed phone number or home address nore was she even allowed to have personal web accounts on places like face book and allowed to use her full name and could only use a screen name. and also her drivers license info was red flagged to and if any one ever for any reason even tried running her info or her plates on the cars law enforcement was notified and the person doing the checking had better have a real valid and official excuse for looking up her info. Her mom as well being she also worked there and it did happen one time when some random person tried looking up there info that worked at dmv. the police went there asking the person why and what official reasons did they have to be looking up any ones info. Turns out she was just looking for some one else with the same name. But did not have any legal reason to be using the work computer at dmv to look up peoples person private info Turns out they were also looking up other flagged people also like different celebrity and what not and it was a big scandle that resulted in a few people getting canned and charged with crimes for it.

People even mentioned that they have no problem even giving out there ssn to any one that asks. Well I guess thats fine and dandy to any one that don't care and is willing to give out any thing they want to give out. Heck I could care less if some one wanted to also give out there credit card info and pin number and put in on a sign in front of there house. Its there card and there money and they are more then free to go and give it out if they are that dumb. But were I live in ny state its now against the law for the last 2 years or so for any one to even ask for a ssn or to even give out ones ssn for any thing not tax or financially related. It can no longer be used in ny state as a random ID being a ssn is not id and ones number does not even belong to them and is property of the IRS and isnt even supposed to be used for any thing other then some ones social security and now for taxes for about the last 30 years or so.

My name is easily found in the FCC database. You can look up all sorts of interesting bits about me on Zillow. Other folks have shown similar 'leaks' of info into the real world. And we aren't even talking about the easy to obtain data from the credit reporting agencies. Again, given all of the OTHER issues surrounding UAVs (ie, Geofencing), this isn't something I worry about.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
In Florida, teacher's names and addresses are public records.

Link?
Just because they "can" do something, doesn't make it a good thing.
Given the mentality of today's youth, do you think that's a good idea? If you were a teacher, would you want your home address publicly available?

I have a question for all those who are ok with the government's actions on registration and many things in general....

If the government generally "does what's best"...why is it that China dominates the world drone market?

And don't say they were "smarter". That would imply we don't have smart people here.

What happened to the smart people here? Let me help you. O-v-e-r Regulating the markets.

Link?
Just because they "can" do something, doesn't make it a good thing.
Given the mentality of today's youth, do you think that's a good idea? If you were a teacher, would you want your home address publicly available?
I don't know if there is a searchable database. Every county handles things differently, but the information is considered public records by state statute. In Orange County (Orlando), if you want an address of a specific teacher (or of every teacher, or a copy of every email sent and/or received by a specific person), all you do is fill out and submit a "public information request".

Please answer this:
My auto license plate number can only be searched by law enforcement, not the general public. Why should the number of my toy helicopter be any different?
If I drive a car without registration, I might get a $100 fine. If I fly my toy copter without registering, I could face a fine of up to $27,500.
Don't you think this is crazy?

Please answer this:
My auto license plate number can only be searched by law enforcement, not the general public. Why should the number of my toy helicopter be any different?
If I drive a car without registration, I might get a $100 fine. If I fly my toy copter without registering, I could face a fine of up to $27,500.
Don't you think this is crazy?

AMEN,

I would guess its because only people with money can fly drones and the government needs a piece of it. And any of you that say ANYONE can fly a drone that costs hundreds of dollars some even thousands, Ill respond right now by saying you are delusional. This hobby is most defiantly for those with extra money.

And that is my opinion on why the FAA needs there hand up my A** they need to know my address when they need more money. Well so and so lives here. lets make sure he has numbers on his Quads. If not, we can fine him, and take some of his cash. And yes I am being a smart *** ATM.

I don't know if there is a searchable database. Every county handles things differently, but the information is considered public records by state statute. In Orange County (Orlando), if you want an address of a specific teacher (or of every teacher, or a copy of every email sent and/or received by a specific person), all you do is fill out and submit a "public information request".

Ok. I couldn't find one online. And I think that's the main fear here. That anyone cound sit down at a computer and look up drone owners information. We don't yet know what they intend to put online as far as I know. If they have to submit a records request, that would discourage a lot of would be thugs.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik