FAA Finally Admits Names And Addresses In Drone Registry Will Be Publicly Available

Nor did I say it was an offense. I've had several things confiscated from my bags right in front of me when returning to the US from overseas. Nothing was an offense, no fine nor citation, but US customs will confiscate items that are not allowed in the US.
With the experiences I've had going through customs, I just can't imagine them allowing an item that the law requires to be registered, into the country on a resident's passport, if it is not registered.
Guess we will have to see. Will drones be treated like guns?
There's no problem having an unregistered drone .. only a problem flying one.
Everyone buying their first drone at a shop and bringing it home will have an unregistered drone - that's perfectly OK.
So it's hard to imagine border control officers confiscating them.

Ya I would think it would be more likely if some one got a tsa moron that wanted to insist on not letting some one have a drone with them. they would prob just fixate on the propeller BLADES and get hung up on the word blade. Long before one of them would even have any clue of the faa and registrations. TSA agents are even a few steps under security guards and are mostly just bozos that usually cant get hired at any job that required any brains or skills. So its not like any of them would even try to stay abreast of any thing other then what they are told to look for and how ever they interpret it to mean. Like to low iq clown at tsa who recently would not let a guy on a plane because his tie was "a "weapon" because it was an ar15 tie. lol

Ya I would think it would be more likely if some one got a tsa moron that wanted to insist on not letting some one have a drone with them. they would prob just fixate on the propeller BLADES and get hung up on the word blade. Long before one of them would even have any clue of the faa and registrations. TSA agents are even a few steps under security guards and are mostly just bozos that usually cant get hired at any job that required any brains or skills. So its not like any of them would even try to stay abreast of any thing other then what they are told to look for and how ever they interpret it to mean. Like to low iq clown at tsa who recently would not let a guy on a plane because his tie was "a "weapon" because it was an ar15 tie. lol
I don't think TSA agents would do anything. I was talking about US Custom agents.

For all of you that are truly unaware. Here is a Link to the Public FAA database.

All I have to do is put in manufacture: DJI and what model: and WHAM everyone that registered that specific model.

LINK====> FAA Registry - Aircraft - Make / Model Inquiry <====LINK

Until this is changed, I WILL NEVER REGISTER...

Oh yea, once you select the state you live in, you will get a list of peeps that registered, NOW Click the N-Number link to get that persons serial number and address to their drone.

If you are OK with this. Then you are crazy. Just my opinion.

Psst FLAME ON...

Last edited:
PS, the link above is to show those that think I need your Drones FAA number to find you, I just need to know the drone I want, and what state I wish to search. Hmm Drone shopping for thieves at its greatest. Just have to wait till you go to dinner :)

Since I did not give them any info on my drones, how does this search find my thru my drone type?

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Aren't those the 333 exception 'N' numbers for commercial use, not us hobbyists?

That's for N numbers! They're using them commercially so they need the N number. It's not a database of us hobby registrants!

Aren't those the 333 exception 'N' numbers for commercial use, not us hobbyists?

Might be, but again, do a search for some toy quads, Why would someone register a toy for commercial use?

I am just passing on info I found. do what you want with it.

FYI,
you can use a gift credit card for registration along with a PO box & for the physical you can use a business address. I did use all 3, po box for mailing, my office address in another town for physical & a bank gift card for the 5$. My registration still went through & no where on my FAA card does it show a address to compare to my drivers license or other id. I've never said to not use your legal name for the FAA registration.

Reactions: JKDSensei
Thats the search for people with n numbers. The recreational use registrations are not public YET being the faa does not have the database all up yet. But they say they will be searchable and online once they get it all up and running.

Tho the recreational registrants will not be searchable by the type of craft they own being there is not even any place to enter that info or to give it to the faa. So its only going to be searchable by name, zip, or a * search to bring up the whole list..

Tho I can say one good thing about them searchable N numbers I used them last week to track some one down that has been hideing out from the law and trying to also avoid being served. and all I knew was that he was hideing out at his dads house and I was not able to find his exact address to be able to not only have him served but also to let his probation officer to know because hes also a registered sex offender who fleed from vt to fl and failed to register. and low and behold when I was doing my skiff search for relatives his dads info came up on google for his n registration on his air plane and it had his exact address listed and was the ONLY place his dad had any info listed publicly same as his pervert and crook son. lol busted. In fact it was so easy from now one any time I'm doing a skiff search on someone and running in to dead ends it will be a place to look just to be sure esp if they are any one that comes from money. But still will not be nearly as useful of a tool to privet investigators and others as the drone registry will be considering how common they are becoming compared to any one owning a private air plane.

For all of you that are truly unaware. Here is a Link to the Public FAA database.

All I have to do is put in manufacture: DJI and what model: and WHAM everyone that registered that specific model.

LINK====> FAA Registry - Aircraft - Make / Model Inquiry <====LINK

Until this is changed, I WILL NEVER REGISTER...

Oh yea, once you select the state you live in, you will get a list of peeps that registered, NOW Click the N-Number link to get that persons serial number and address to their drone.

If you are OK with this. Then you are crazy. Just my opinion.

Psst FLAME ON...
Dude, not going to flame you...but....
You have confused the N numbers for commercial drone users with the drone registry.
For drones, N numbers are only for those UAVs that are used for commercial purposes - this has always been searchable. The same information is available on the person's website advertising their commercial services.

Might be, but again, do a search for some toy quads, Why would someone register a toy for commercial use?

I am just passing on info I found. do what you want with it.
Sheez, when you register, you are not asked how many drones you own, nor their makes or models...you, like so many, have confused two separate registries.

I can see what you guys mean, It still just feels so wrong. I know I sound like one of those nut jobs that are anti government, But I assure you I am not. I never fly over 400 feet much less over 150 feet. I never fly over people or anything I am not willing to replace, should my Quad ever crash. It just feels like I am being punished for the morons that do these things. The worst I do is fly FPV long distance out of sight a lot. but again never over people.

Anyways I am sorry if sounded like a raving lunatic, I just like making sure the public is informed. even If I was slightly off.

I can see what you guys mean, It still just feels so wrong. I know I sound like one of those nut jobs that are anti government, But I assure you I am not. I never fly over 400 feet much less over 150 feet. I never fly over people or anything I am not willing to replace, should my Quad ever crash. It just feels like I am being punished for the morons that do these things. The worst I do is fly FPV long distance out of sight a lot. but again never over people.

Anyways I am sorry if sounded like a raving lunatic, I just like making sure the public is informed. even If I was slightly off.

You're good. And you are not the first to confuse the two regestries - no worries.

PS, the link above is to show those that think I need your Drones FAA number to find you, I just need to know the drone I want, and what state I wish to search. Hmm Drone shopping for thieves at its greatest. Just have to wait till you go to dinner :)
Try putting Boeing 747 or Cessna 182 into that search
It's the registry of all US aircraft with N numbers and has nothing to do with the new FAA drone registry.
And like you've been told ... since the new registry doesn't ask for any details at all of what drone/s you use ......
Drone shopping thieves? haha!!
IF there was such a thing .. and IF they tried to use the registration database ... and IF they had your FAA registration number and looked you up .... they wouldn't know if you had a $100 toy or a Phantom 3
I think they'd just take your drone when they were in a position to read your reg number.
Maybe you did not, but do a search and look at how many others have, Sheep being lead to the slaughter.
The real sheep are anyone still getting distracted by this sort of nonsense.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl