FAA emailed me this....

Yes, and?.....

Unfortunately the FAA still has to remind and threaten moronic people to not fly thier drones over these disaster areas where first responders are trying to do their jobs by saving property and jobs. Yet these people continue to endanger our first responders crews, WTH! These are the same people who threaten our hobby, for the mindless decision and lack of common sense to not impede the efforts and safety of our fire fighters.

Just passing on the information. Posting just the thread title and a link might get more readers out of curiousity.
Nope. Makes me not click it. Those are usually spam if it's just a link.

It actually is legitimate , I received this in my mailbox yesterday. I'm assuming it's because I'm registered with the FAA. But typically, it's not the law abiding people who do this sort of thing, which is funny that they would post it to everyone who is registered with them. Oh well, I guess they just do a blanket reminder to everyone.

It actually is legitimate , I received this in my mailbox yesterday. I'm assuming it's because I'm registered with the FAA. But typically, it's not the law abiding people who do this sort of thing, which is funny that they would post it to everyone who is registered with them. Oh well, I guess they just do a blanket reminder to everyone.
We are to spread the word! There are a lot of toy drones out there that can stay in the air long enough to be noticed in the wrong places.

I totally agree with you if I was going through emails. You need to be a member to post here and I dont think any member would want to subject themselves to bad feedbacks by other members from posting spam.

Reactions: Flex4
If you want to fly over wildfires, volcanoes, police, first responders, and other disaster areas, do so by becoming a first responder yourself and register your drone with the local police. If you are called to help out in a critical moment, not only will you get some awesome pictures, you will be helping your community or first responder team LEGALLY!

Endanger???? I'm an American Eagle first officer and we've hit 3 drones thus far. We report to dispatch and they laugh about it as well as us. Ever see a drone obliterated by a 29000 lbs misstle? It's hilarious how you drone operators buy into all of the hype.
if this was not regulated, more and more pilots will flock the area of operation. 1 or 2 may just be a nuisance but with the popularity of social media videos, that number could be more. May not be a problem for a 29000 pound missile in the air but maybe a problem for the people on the ground.

If you want to fly over wildfires, volcanoes, police, first responders, and other disaster areas, do so by becoming a first responder yourself and register your drone with the local police. If you are called to help out in a critical moment, not only will you get some awesome pictures, you will be helping your community or first responder team LEGALLY!
If only there is a place where a drone operator can volunteer services in the forestry service which includes national parks.

if this was not regulated, more and more pilots will flock the area of operation. 1 or 2 may just be a nuisance but with the popularity of social media videos, that number could be more. May not be a problem for a 29000 pound missile in the air but maybe a problem for the people on the ground.

So is losing a battery or being a drone flying idiot.

If only there is a place where a drone operator can volunteer services in the forestry service which includes national parks.

If there is, it would be found on a federal site somewhere. If anyone knows of a site, please post it here. I am already a federal first responder, but not for the National Park service. Not many volcanoes or wildfires where I live, but always willing to serve when called.

I think that the point that poster was trying to make is that if the OP had had some details about what was contained in the link, it would have been better.

But just saying "FAA emailed me this" and posting a link with no details is not as useful. And some might perceive it as having the potential to just be an "spam" link.

Endanger???? I'm an American Eagle first officer and we've hit 3 drones thus far. We report to dispatch and they laugh about it as well as us. Ever see a drone obliterated by a 29000 lbs misstle? It's hilarious how you drone operators buy into all of the hype.
While I agree that drones are no real threat to large airlines (save for a little airframe damage) the aircraft flying low fighting fires, landing in unimproved areas, saving lives, and doing some real pilot ****, are much smaller and can be damaged or even brought down from a midair with a drone. It’s not really hype. As a Bell 206/407 pilot I wouldn’t want to hit one.

I have never seen one of these small camera drones “obliterated” by a 29000 lbs middle, or jet, or anything large like that, but I would really like to! Preferably a slow motion video of the drone being destroyed with a side by side video of the drone operator and his expression when it happens, followed by the boys in blue pulling up along side of the now X pilot!

Are you able to provide any information as to aircraft type, UAV model, speed etc..? I would have thought the airline had an obligation to report the collision to the FAA even absent any airframe damage?

It why the registration was started in the first place... not to match the drone to an owner but to allow the FAA to spam us with "reminders".

Reactions: With The Birds
Endanger???? "no real threat to large airlines (save for a little airframe damage, "report to dispatch" why not "engineering" it's their decision not dispatch.
A drone eg Phantom or similar could take out fan blades of an engine or even cockpit penetration by a "battery" - drones can be a real threat - Please don't downplay the danger of drones to aircraft fixed wing or rotary. I've been involved with a/c certification upto 600+ tonnes MTOW and air legislation is in place for a reason not to prevent people enjoying their flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj