FAA Drone Decals Controller Stability Bracket - Not Impressed

If they were one and the same person then I would not be suprised. Her tone here was the same tone I received from the company via email when I asked if a return/refund was possible. I was pretty shocked actually. Ultimately they let me return the item for a full refund so there's not much more to say.

Just received mine and they've modded the original design (so interested to know if your came the new way). Instead of the small circular areas in the top of the arm (where the nylon washers go) being trimmed out, they are now flat. There was a message on my receipt saying the washers are no longer needed. When I tightened the screw (without the washers) I was no longer able to move the holder up and down (it was more locked in place). I was able to get one washer in one side to make it moveable again.. but I don't understand why they changed the top of the arm. :-( I wrote the U.S. distributor but have not heard back. Other than that, it is much more stable.

I had the same issue of it not holding my iPad Air 2. From the advice in another thread, I added a star washer where the nylon washers went and it has been rock solid ever since.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Other than that, it is much more stable.

Jay,

I guess I'm slightly confused. I don't want mine to move at all once I've found the correct position. I have the one with the bevel and got the plastic washers. I love the mount but didn't like that it moved up and down so easily. After quite a bit of screwing around I ended up replacing the nylon washers with a couple of star washers and now it stays in place. I'm very happy with it overall.

Jerry

Jay,

I guess I'm slightly confused. I don't want mine to move at all once I've found the correct position. I have the one with the bevel and got the plastic washers. I love the mount but didn't like that it moved up and down so easily. After quite a bit of screwing around I ended up replacing the nylon washers with a couple of star washers and now it stays in place. I'm very happy with it overall.

Jerry

The issue is it won't fold down flat to put back in the back pack. It works with the one washer and holds the IPad.

The issue is it won't fold down flat to put back in the back pack. It works with the one washer and holds the IPad.

Oh, I get it now! Mine doesn't go into the pack very often. Honestly, I didn't even think about that! I'd better check that out tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up. I actually feel a bit stupid now.

Jerry

Jerry...

Not to worry.. but I do need the backpack to get to and from locations and with it locked tight and not moveable, the alternative would be to have a screwdriver on location to loosen and tighten each time. With one nylon washer (on the outside right and under the screw head) on top, it has enough tension to get the iPad Mini in place, but I still do not care for the redesign and still have not heard back from FAA Drone Decals (who only have an email). I'm a little tempted to try and machine out a small amount, just enough to put a nylon washer on each side like the original design.. (although this one washer seems to work).

Reactions: Jtrjr
Several accounts were found to be from the same source and were posting false reviews of the supplier's product. This is in direct violation of community guidelines and their accounts were deleted as result.

I would think twice about buying from a supplier who resorts to such unscrupulous activity.

It's very disappointing to find she was a shill.
Me too. I called her out on the DJI forums to come clean. She replied with an excuse about her presence and experiences here and how she'd been wronged and more, claiming she had no direct affiliation, ya-da ya-da.

I bought the bracket twice, but after seeing her create a brand new thread on the product (previously, she only replied to existing threads), that was too much. She is quite clearly a shill.

I do like the bracket, no more wobble, but I do wonder where all of that wobble energy goes. I keep that in mind and try to hold the tablet mount in a way that reduces stress on shell of the RC, especially when in windy conditions. I also use a sun-shade for the tablet, which is not just more weight -- it is also a wind scoop. So when windy, I hold the tablet itself at the base with one hand when I can have one free.

I do like the bracket, no more wobble, but I do wonder where all of that wobble energy goes.

I worry about that, too. Having had my remote apart to install my DBS/Itelite, I was very surprised and disappointed to see how thin and chintzy the plastic shell really is.

Just for the record, my review was my honest opinion on the bracket. I've since received my repaired P3 back in the mail and put my Shield tablet on it with the stock bracket. There is a _big_ difference in feeling. While the bracket is not a much have item, it make a noticeable difference for the better.

Reactions: dirkclod
Several accounts were found to be from the same source and were posting false reviews of the supplier's product. This is in direct violation of community guidelines and their accounts were deleted as result.

I would think twice about buying from a supplier who resorts to such unscrupulous activity.

I'm not engaging in that part and for the most part this design is rock solid. I got one of the other aluminum replacements and was not as solid. Just not happy with the change they made but workable. If I don't hear back will raise with my CC company.
Me too. I called her out on the DJI forums to come clean. She replied with an excuse about her presence and experiences here and how she'd been wronged and more, claiming she had no direct affiliation, ya-da ya-da.

I bought the bracket twice, but after seeing her create a brand new thread on the product (previously, she only replied to existing threads), that was too much. She is quite clearly a shill.

I do like the bracket, no more wobble, but I do wonder where all of that wobble energy goes. I keep that in mind and try to hold the tablet mount in a way that reduces stress on shell of the RC, especially when in windy conditions. I also use a sun-shade for the tablet, which is not just more weight -- it is also a wind scoop. So when windy, I hold the tablet itself at the base with one hand when I can have one free.

Part of that energy is also being supported by the much longer screw I think. Again my only complaint is the new design not directly accommodating the nylon washers but I've worked around it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20