FAA announces drone test sites.

Reaction score
Love this statement;
The FAA does not allow commercial use of drones
Oh really??? And how exactly to they propose to stop people from doing that?
Without getting into a prolonged discussion-they have no authority, over and out.

Remember-FAR Part 91 applies to Aircraft. And, the definition of an Aircraft, means at least 1 person must be on board for the purposes of flight(I'm actually paraphrasing, and including part of the NTSB's section)!! How you gonna fit a seat on a Phantom??

And, lest you think they will start testing Phantoms-think again. This is geared much more towards Military and Law Enforcement operations. We're talking multi-million dollar "drones" here. We, are just a mere "blip" on their radar.

Just another wonderful waste of tax payer dollars.....and, do you really want to see Drones flying over every City in America, "monitoring" everything???!!! AND, what about the First time a drone crashes, and kills someone??!!! It WILL happen.

[quote="havasuphoto"and, do you really want to see Drones flying over every City in America, "monitoring" everything???!!! [/quote]

This just in....NSA to hire new agents, remote flight experience a plus.

iResq said:
[quote="havasuphoto"and, do you really want to see Drones flying over every City in America, "monitoring" everything???!!!

This just in....NSA to hire new agents, remote flight experience a plus.[/quote]
LOL....
There are enough retired military drone pilots to fill the slots.

havasuphoto said:
And, lest you think they will start testing Phantoms-think again. This is geared much more towards Military and Law Enforcement operations. We're talking multi-million dollar "drones" here. We, are just a mere "blip" on their radar.

Most definitely, the type of stuff they're setting up there likely has nothing to do with our class of hardware. Still cracks me up though to picture the local vehicle inspection station converted with a waiting room full of Phantoms lol.

OI Photography said:
havasuphoto said:

Most definitely, the type of stuff they're setting up there likely has nothing to do with our class of hardware. Still cracks me up though to picture the local vehicle inspection station converted with a waiting room full of Phantoms lol.
Yea-don't see that happening.
EDITED...removed Political commentary.....

Buk said:
havasuphoto,

I think you'd need to hang out on different forums or web sites than PhantomPilots to get advance information, like this one:
http://www.faa.gov/about/initiatives/uas/
Yea, I definitely need to get out more....sure didn't see that one at all.....
But, TBH, I really haven't been following this whole situation...until I got my Phantom recently. Guess I need to pay more attention
;)

rickhz said:
Buk said:
havasuphoto,

I think you'd need to hang out on different forums or web sites than PhantomPilots to get advance information, like this one:
http://www.faa.gov/about/initiatives/uas/

Wow, no test facilities in the desert Southwest. I guess high temp testing isn't important... :lol:
I'm sure they will make an "appearance" here at some time. They all do. ;)

However, I think in skimming the article they are working more on the Autonomous part first. As far as performance goes-that will be down the road.

Also-I'm curious about any "new" types of battery technology that may come out of this testing........assuming they use electric. This could be a "win" for the hobbyist using LiPO. We may see much more efficient electric engines, and much smaller more powerful batteries.
All this "tech" stuff they will be working on, will eventually make it to the Civilian market.

Never underestimate what can be done through
Executive order via the FAA.
Seems this administration's modus operandi to
circumvent the Congress,,

AliceDoc said:

Law-abiding phantom pilots will be forced to register their drones or go to jail. :x

Surf Island said:
AliceDoc said:

Law-abiding phantom pilots will be forced to register their drones or go to jail. :x
Good luck with that ;)

AliceDoc said:

GW Bush 291 EOs
Ronald Reagan 381 EOs
Barack Obama 170 EOs so far...

Now what exactly is the issue?

Members online

No members online now.