Reaction score
P4P+ photo of an ancient cutoff meander of the San Juan River at Lime Ridge, San Juan County, Utah, USA. (HDR, 3 frames at 2 EV intervals)

LimeRidge_Overhead_HDRa_med_WM.jpg

That is a very interesting photo. On my screen I see a lot of what I interpret as noise. Perhaps it is merely the texture of the earth around there. I have a P4P and am planning on experimenting with HDR. I wonder if you could post a photo with a mid EV level so I might see what it looked like before any processing?

That is a very interesting photo. On my screen I see a lot of what I interpret as noise. Perhaps it is merely the texture of the earth around there. I have a P4P and am planning on experimenting with HDR. I wonder if you could post a photo with a mid EV level so I might see what it looked like before any processing?

You're right, its not noise, it's a desert covered with tiny rocks and plants masquerading as noise. Here's a 200% magnification of a small section:

sample.jpg

Still the color and layer stacking near the crest of the hill look phoney. I've been in that country and never seen oranges that bright.

You're right, its not noise, it's a desert covered with tiny rocks and plants masquerading as noise. Here's a 200% magnification of a small section:

View attachment 86657
Still the color and layer stacking near the crest of the hill look phoney. I've been in that country and never seen oranges that bright.
Well yes, I enhanced the reds somewhat and make no apologies. I'm the artist, and thus the supreme dictator of how I want it to look.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic