Extending GoPro

Reaction score
If I push the camera a bit forward using a GoPro adapter in order to keep the skids out of view, is that going to throw the Phantom off balance? Or is it a case of "shut up and go try it"?

If you mean to put an extension bar between the gopro mount on the phantom, and the gopro itself, that will work ok and lots of people do it, but.... You will have moved the center of gravity forward quite a bit and so the phantom will tend to tip forwards on takeoff. The solution... Apply a bit of back stick on the pitch control as you lift off and that will counteract it. In order to maintain level flight and hovering, the front two props will work harder than the back ones. Check for heat on the front motors on landing. It may reduce your flight times a bit as well. Adding a counterbalance weight is probably pointless as it will make the craft heavier and any advantage you got by balancing is taken away by reduced flight time.

I had thought of the counter-balance but did realize the additional weight issue. I guess it's more of how much pain I am willing to endure, time over convenience.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj