Expanding my fleet?

Reaction score
Wanting to get several drones in my inventory for "working" with not having too many different models.I have a P4 Advanced, two good batteries, and one that has a few cracks on the lights and button area. My question is, do I get another P4, something else for diversity, or just more batteries and charge them as fast as possible? Any, yes......any advice is welcome and subject to genuinely open minded consideration for my fleet/inventory. Thanks in advance!

Wanting to get several drones in my inventory for "working" with not having too many different models.I have a P4 Advanced, two good batteries, and one that has a few cracks on the lights and button area. My question is, do I get another P4, something else for diversity, or just more batteries and charge them as fast as possible? Any, yes......any advice is welcome and subject to genuinely open minded consideration for my fleet/inventory. Thanks in advance!
P4 Advanced & P4 Pro are great drones. If you like them.... its hard to beat. The P4 Pro has more collision sensors and adds 5.8ghz which I use to stay clear of interference. Prices have fallen on these drones and you should be able to find good used ones between $500-$800.

The P4 Pro V2 would add more range and is compatible with the DJI Smart Controller if that interested you. Other than that, its the same as the P4 Pro. You will pay $800 to $1200 typically for a good used one of these.

If you are looking to move into the future..... The DJI Air 2s is amazing. Lots of range, great camera, reasonable cost. $700 to $1000 used. $1000 to $1300 new depending on package. The absolute best deal out there is the DJI Air 2s Fly More package with RC Pro screen controller @ $1750. The controller alone costs $1200 so it is a heck of a deal.

My only disappointment.... having owned all of the above drones is that DJI has taken away some great automated features on the newer Air 2s. Course Lock, Waypoints, Terrain Follow and a few other modes that I use regularly on the Phantom 4 Pro are missing.

P4 Advanced & P4 Pro are great drones. If you like them.... its hard to beat. The P4 Pro has more collision sensors and adds 5.8ghz which I use to stay clear of interference. Prices have fallen on these drones and you should be able to find good used ones between $500-$800.

The P4 Pro V2 would add more range and is compatible with the DJI Smart Controller if that interested you. Other than that, its the same as the P4 Pro. You will pay $800 to $1200 typically for a good used one of these.

If you are looking to move into the future..... The DJI Air 2s is amazing. Lots of range, great camera, reasonable cost. $700 to $1000 used. $1000 to $1300 new depending on package. The absolute best deal out there is the DJI Air 2s Fly More package with RC Pro screen controller @ $1750. The controller alone costs $1200 so it is a heck of a deal.

My only disappointment.... having owned all of the above drones is that DJI has taken away some great automated features on the newer Air 2s. Course Lock, Waypoints, Terrain Follow and a few other modes that I use regularly on the Phantom 4 Pro are missing.
Great start to my journey to, well, a decision, lol. Think I am hanging on to the fact that all my batteries being compatible is cost effective, but limiting my options means no little drone for quieter approach to certain jobs.

Is photography a priority? If good enough is ok (is for me) the P4 used hard to beat price wise and your parts work. Even remote same as Adv. Again for price and smaller size, Air2 fly more a steal. I fly P4 P4P A2, love em all.

Reactions: HoleInTheSky
Is photography a priority? If good enough is ok (is for me) the P4 used hard to beat price wise and your parts work. Even remote same as Adv. Again for price and smaller size, Air2 fly more a steal. I fly P4 P4P A2, love em all.
May need to add that air 2, lol Does it work with same remote? One step at a time, hehe.

If I understand you, your question is to buy another P4pro or more batteries. It sounds not reasonable to me. How could more batteries replace a drone?
About the noise. Is Air 2 a quiet drone? Not sure but as far as my MavA 1 is concerned I couldn't say it is a quiet drone. It is pretty noisy and has a high pitch sound.

No the Mavics use a different one but Air2 FM available used about $500. Newer A2s with upgraded camera quite a bit more.
Would you call that a "A2-V2"? Silly, but seriously I have to hang my head for not doing any research for the info prior to this post. I feel new again, 🤔

DJI AIR 2S - Link

Screen Shot 2022-03-05 at 3.51.22 PM.png

Would you call that a "A2-V2"? Silly, but seriously I have to hang my head for not doing any research for the info prior to this post. I feel new again, 🤔

It's either Air2 (A2) or A2S with better camera, for 30% more $. Both are quieter and smaller than my P4's while still handling winds. Size, quiet, easy setup, make the A2 my daily drone, and like my P4, camera is very acceptable for my use. Phantoms are my workhorse drones when size and power matter. My P4P's are best for photography. Similar to A2S.
Good luck

It's either Air2 (A2) or A2S with better camera, for 30% more $. Both are quieter and smaller than my P4's while still handling winds. Size, quiet, easy setup, make the A2 my daily drone, and like my P4, camera is very acceptable for my use. Phantoms are my workhorse drones when size and power matter. My P4P's are best for photography. Similar to A2S.
Good luck
That's what I'm thinking after the whole crowd said air2 and fly-way-more combo. I can dig it, but it's the boss lady I have to get onboard with the bill, lol.

Reactions: Capt KO
Just to clarify the Air2s and P4P V2 both can use the $600 dji smart controller. So you could have a mapping/automated flight p4p and photography Air2s with one controller.

I do believe that I will still want two airworthy drones available at all times. Extra pilot, maybe a few of my kids on hand for safety spotters, and a six pack of Nos energy drinks, and boom. You get constant footage as long as at least one is in the air. Cheat with a couple action cams stashed about as well for help in editing. Brain is like mush and I feel like a fart in a whirlwind after just thinking about it, lol. Fun. And thanks for the info, I may just grab one up to make things easier.

Reactions: MikeA138
I got rid of all my p3s and have gone to p4s, and 14 batteries. I like the p4pro plus model , its great for just going out on an hour or so flying as the controller with the built in screen sets up fast and works great. But when i go flying for the day i take my 14 batteries just in case and i take a 10 inch Tablet for better viewing of the video. Either way the p4s of any model are the way to go as they are up to date.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik