Everything is failing or is it me!

Reaction score
I brought a second hand ps3 the gimbal pitch motor is getting extremely hot. On startup it goes crazy. I have done the quick fix of re a-line the shaft of the other motor but it’s the pitch one that heats up. I also can’t get a sd card to work I brought a new Toshiba 16 gig one and it doesn’t format. Do I need a specific type do I need to put any software in it etc. please forgive me I am a beginner I no nothing.

Sorry to hear you're off to a bad start. These things do get hot if left sitting and as such people often place portable fans next to the drone while performing updates. Is it over heating while sitting or after flight?

The SD cards do need to be fast to record, but I've never heard of that requirement for formatting. Do you have another device such as a camera to test the card?

It's always possible the camera and gimble were damaged in a crash.

The drone and radio control do have firmware installed but no software. What you might want to do is download the owners manual from the DJI website and read up on the operations.

I brought a second hand ps3 the gimbal pitch motor is getting extremely hot. On startup it goes crazy. I have done the quick fix of re a-line the shaft of the other motor but it’s the pitch one that heats up. I also can’t get a sd card to work I brought a new Toshiba 16 gig one and it doesn’t format. Do I need a specific type do I need to put any software in it etc. please forgive me I am a beginner I no nothing.
You do not need any software on the sd card for it to work.
I use a Samsung Evo Select U3. Fast and affordable .
Amazon has a 64Gb for $11.0.
Should do great.
The gimbal pitch motor issue will very difficult to diagnose on line.
When you say that it goes crazy, does it frail around erratically in directions?
If so, that is a sign of a damaged motor esc potentiometer.
Test all of the esc potentiometers until you locate the damaged one.
You should be able to find a tutorial on line describing the diagnosis process.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.