Error updating firmware v1.2.6 Phantom 3 Professional

Reaction score
I'm trying to upgrade my Phantom 3 Professional firmware (v1.2.6) but during the process the device show the red light permanent on and the beep sound constant. It error has happened 8 times and I had tried with different SD card. What else can I do?

PS: Please watch attach video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Your video is private, nobody can see it.

Out of curiosity, were you upgrading the transmitter, as well? If so, did you still have the transmitter connected to the gimbal?

When I was updating my own firmware, I thought I would be smart and update it on the transmitter at the same time. The transmitter updated, but made the bird upgrade fail and exhibit the same constant/fast beep you were describing. A reboot after removing the controller allowed it to work.

Your video is private, nobody can see it.

Out of curiosity, were you upgrading the transmitter, as well? If so, did you still have the transmitter connected to the gimbal?

When I was updating my own firmware, I thought I would be smart and update it on the transmitter at the same time. The transmitter updated, but made the bird upgrade fail and exhibit the same constant/fast beep you were describing. A reboot after removing the controller allowed it to work.

Thanks Morgon but in my case I installed the Phantom 3 and the transmitter separately (following the DJI instuctions). The second was ok but the first began to do the problem shows in the video. I've been trying more than 10 times and I get always the same issue... Some recommendation?

Take the Micro SD Card from the Phantom and connect it to your computer the same way you copied the firmware to the card.

There should be a text file titled 'P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.txt'. What do the contents say?

Take the Micro SD Card from the Phantom and connect it to your computer the same way you copied the firmware to the card.

There should be a text file titled 'P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.txt'. What do the contents say?

Here the .txt report. As you can see all installs are failed

Attachments

• P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    1,014 bytes · Views: 1,057
Hi Andre C. I have a same problem. Are you resolved this? Pleaseee help me too. I buy it and i not flying yet ..........

I have also The same problem i also tried to connect The bird to my computer whit the USB cable

I'm having the same problem. Anyone know to interpret the log file (P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt) ?

Many of us are having the same issue.... with no solution but to smash it with a hammer. I will update if I find a fix.

Jeremy

I'm having the same issue. Does anyone have a resolution to this issue yet?? What file system should the memory card be formatted to? So far I have tried FAT32.

I'm trying to upgrade the f/w in my Phantom 3 Pro, and getting the D-D-D-D with red/green LED's on the gimbal, followed by a constant Deeeeeeeeeeeee Sound and a solid red gimbal LED.

Also consistently getting something like this:

[00618560]Firmware upgrading[5]...
[00621130][19 00] Firmware upgrade start...
[00733252][19 00] Firmware upgrade finish failed (step = 3, err = 0xaa).
[00763321]Done.

I've tried 3 different SD cards, formatting each in the Phantom, FAT32 under Windows, FAT and ExFAT in Mac OS 10.10.4, extracted the zip file in the native Windows app, using WinZip, using WinRAR, used the native Mac OS program, downloaded clean files more than a dozen times, and still I get the Deeeeeeeeeeeeee and solid red gimbal LED after maybe 10 minutes of the DDDD sound...every time.

I'm currently running 1.1.9, and can't upgrade to 1.2.6 OR 1.3.2

There's gotta be some way to hard reset this thing, no?

Help!?!?

Last edited:
There's gotta be some way to hard reset this thing said:
I'm having the same problem. I think it happened 2 weeks ago when the app (Ipad 1.1.2) upgrade to 1.2.0. From that moment, I never managed to do firmaware update. I tried to do this last fw update (1.3.2) hoping to solve the problem. In the app (GO DJI) appears both the device and the RC as updated (1.3.2). But the in SD card said " upgrade failed" .Now I have no video feed and I got a constant red "no signal" in the app. It flies and record video in the SD card.

DJI said that I've to send the device to repair because of a problem in the camera - " Thank you for the assistance. The file shows problems with the camera not being able to update and we need it here to replace it. Please contact your dealer."

In Europe it will take two months to repair...

It can't be an iPad or a DJI Go thing, because my iPad isn't even on when I'm trying to update the firmware, and I still get the same error, over and over and over...

Hi,

I have the same problem.
Beginning update is ok and after 20secs DEEEEEEEEEE.

I heard about a firmware it can clean firmware inside the dji. After that you just have to install it again.

More details on this thread :
DJI Forum|Who has the 1.1.8 Advanced file

Someone have this file ?

Attachments

• P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 534

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic