Equipment question.

Reaction score
Equipment and Software.
I use several Phantom 4 pros with an iPad Pro 9.7” third generation release. I use Litchi and Dronelink to plan and fly my missions. While the iPad’s performance is adequate, like me, it is getting old.
Questions:
Has anyone upgraded from iPad pro 9.7” to iPad pro 12.9”?
Did you gain a significant performance benefit?
Is the screen brighter?
Have you found a sun hood that fits the larger iPad?

Thanks for your help.
Dennis Frantz

Reactions: Romy Baillo
Do you see stuttering flying with dronelink? I get P4P stopping and starting (like a stutter step) when it's waiting for commands during orbits or especially ortho mapping. It is improved with newer more powerful phone/tablet, but still not perfect. How powerful a tablet do I need?

I have the 12.9 inch iPad and the 8 inch iPad.
I find the 12.9 too big and too heavy.
I'll stick with the 8 inch.

I made my own sun hood out of heavy cardboard from a box of cat litter.

I have used an iPad 9.7, 5th Gen, with no problem at all except for the fact that it gets too hot sometimes. I just bring the drone down when this happens and rest my iPad to cool down for a few minutes before starting it up again.

Last edited:
Equipment and Software.
I use several Phantom 4 pros with an iPad Pro 9.7” third generation release. I use Litchi and Dronelink to plan and fly my missions. While the iPad’s performance is adequate, like me, it is getting old.
Questions:
Has anyone upgraded from iPad pro 9.7” to iPad pro 12.9”?
Did you gain a significant performance benefit?
Is the screen brighter?
Have you found a sun hood that fits the larger iPad?

Thanks for your help.
Dennis Frantz
Hey Dennis,
Like Phantom, I am concerned the 12.9 will be too much to hold, especially for those missions where you are going battery after battery. I am about to order the 11" pro for that reason. Let us know what you end up with and which adapter you use for your controller. I still haven't purchased one.

Hey Dennis,
Like Phantom, I am concerned the 12.9 will be too much to hold, especially for those missions where you are going battery after battery. I am about to order the 11" pro for that reason. Let us know what you end up with and which adapter you use for your controller. I still haven't purchased one.
Please let me know how the 11" works out. I'm sad to see the 9.7" size retired. It is the perfect size.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4