Ebay Scam - DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ for 15$

Re: DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ for 15$

kydan said:
So you like having scam threads in our forum where one poor soul will read this and try to purchase anyways?

It kind of seemed to me like the OP was simply pointing out that another scam was on eBay... not forcing (or even suggesting) anyone to "give them $20".
I certainly don't mind seeing notices of that, no. Go ahead and keep me informed.

If some "poor soul" sees a post like this and reads "must be a scam" and purchases anyway... shame on them, not the forum or the poster.

If you hate seeing the posts so much, just don't read them. Really no reason for you to post any kind of reply.

Now if someone were posting "Hey, I have a great deal, and here is the url to my eBay listing", I'd have a problem with that.

But posts like the OP are more akin to somebody saying "stay away from XYZ Hobbies because they'll shaft you".

WAIT A MINUTE THERE...The guy in Nigeria is real. I should get my check soon.

ya it probably will just take a lil while cause I think Nigeria has a slow mail system. Thats why I just gave him my bank routing numbers and hes going to just wire it directly to me. I'm stoked as hell and can hardly wait. The only thing that sucks is there was some sort of screw up in the translation and I need to send him another 5k cause I thought he said it was 5k when he needed the first part and not 5k Nigerian But still its a great deal and I only need to scrape up a lil bit more to be able to help him out. I think I can just skip this months mortgage and I should be able to have it ready for him and then can just pay the late fee once I get my payment from him.

I was so Stoked to find them for $15.00... So I ordered TWO!

I'm waiting on the Brown Truck right now.

Nooo... I've been lurking and reading all I can. I think I'm going to do Amazon. I had some Bass Pro gift cars and I bought a Silver 3+ Sunday. They didn't have any Blacks in stock.

480sparky said:
You really think people are that stupid?
Yes, I do. Title didn't state scam, body said "must be." I'm not blaming the OP, but someone ordered it thinking they'd either get it or worst case get their money back a few days later from Paypal. I do not like seeing scam artists get shortterm loans. Maybe you don't?

J.James said:
dude next you are going to tell me that nice prince in Nigeria is not going to send me that 5 million dollars he needs to give away if only i can send him $5,000 so he will be able to get his $50 million the goverment is holding from his dad dieing in a car accident.
Thank you for raising awareness on that issue.

ProfessorStein said:
kydan said:
So you like having scam threads in our forum where one poor soul will read this and try to purchase anyways?

It kind of seemed to me like the OP was simply pointing out that another scam was on eBay... not forcing (or even suggesting) anyone to "give them $20".
I certainly don't mind seeing notices of that, no. Go ahead and keep me informed.

If some "poor soul" sees a post like this and reads "must be a scam" and purchases anyway... shame on them, not the forum or the poster.

If you hate seeing the posts so much, just don't read them. Really no reason for you to post any kind of reply.

Now if someone were posting "Hey, I have a great deal, and here is the url to my eBay listing", I'd have a problem with that.

But posts like the OP are more akin to somebody saying "stay away from XYZ Hobbies because they'll shaft you".

I will continue to post my opinion on threads that shouldn't be here. I won't turn the other way like you suggest. I wasn't raised that way ;). BY all means, support the scam artists and encourage your peers to see the link and possibly take the bait.

I've stated my case and for whatever reason most of the recent replies have been in support of the scams. Can you guarantee one of "us" didn't purchase it anyways in the hopes it might work? Perhaps I worded my response wrongly, but I can't believe some want to see these posts anyways!!

Edit: This post has been bumped too much, if more replies arise that merit a response you will see a PM from me instead. ;-)

And who are you exactly the decide what threads should or should not be here, anyway? Is this suddenly your private forum/board where you make all the rules?? I was clearly not aware of that.
I, in no way, consider this post to be "supporting the scam artists". It is raising awareness (ie - pointing it out as a BAD thing, rather than a GOOD thing). Why would you NOT want that?

Think of it this way... it's either someone posts here preemptively saying "here's another scam", or someone posts here after the fact saying "hey, I just bought from this guy, do you think it's a scam". Which would you rather have... since you're so concerned about "poor souls"?

And don't bother PM'ing me. You will happily be ignored.

kydan said:
I will continue to post my opinion on threads that shouldn't be here. I won't turn the other way like you suggest. .......

Great.

Start driving people away.

Sounds like a great plan.

Good luck with your solo venture.

Sorry for the topic bump!

Just did a stock check and 399 are left. :lol:

399 stock + 258 sold = 657 total units. This must be where all the Phantoms are stored!

Sucks for the poor souls that bought like 50 of them. :?

kydan said:
480sparky said:
You really think people are that stupid?
Yes, I do. Title didn't state scam, body said "must be." I'm not blaming the OP, but someone ordered it thinking they'd either get it or worst case get their money back a few days later from Paypal. I do not like seeing scam artists get shortterm loans. Maybe you don't?

J.James said:
dude next you are going to tell me that nice prince in Nigeria is not going to send me that 5 million dollars he needs to give away if only i can send him $5,000 so he will be able to get his $50 million the goverment is holding from his dad dieing in a car accident.
Thank you for raising awareness on that issue.

ProfessorStein said:
kydan said:

I will continue to post my opinion on threads that shouldn't be here. I won't turn the other way like you suggest. I wasn't raised that way ;). BY all means, support the scam artists and encourage your peers to see the link and possibly take the bait.

I've stated my case and for whatever reason most of the recent replies have been in support of the scams. Can you guarantee one of "us" didn't purchase it anyways in the hopes it might work? Perhaps I worded my response wrongly, but I can't believe some want to see these posts anyways!!

Edit: This post has been bumped too much, if more replies arise that merit a response you will see a PM from me instead. ;-)

I updated the subject line to address your concern.
I'm a new user here, thanks for the welcome...

It's the Amazon fleet that FAA grounded... or all the past flyaways.

Lets keep it civil in here and on topic. Thanks guys.

Reactions: dirkclod
Well, it looks like anyone who might have been dumb enough to fall for this SCAM and buy one is out of luck. You waited too long to fall for this SCAM! The SCAM LISTING has been removed. Ebay must have finally figured out it's a SCAM and removed the SCAM LISTING because it's a SCAM.

yes its definitely a scam tho I'm still scratching my head to figure out how the scam really even works or the seller. Other then maybe being able to get a few dollars grant from paypal. Being ebay and paypal usually dont even fork over much money to any one that has below a certain feed back level in till after the item is shipped and paypal verifies threw tracking that it made it to the buyer. Usually to even pull a scam like that some one has to sell a lot of other useless cheap junk that they ship till they get the leash taking off after so many good feed backs and no charge backs then then get to go hog wild on a scam run for a few days till paypal and ebay catch on and shut them down.

dirkclod said:
Say it ain't so :cry: :cry: Well guess I'll just wait till he changes his username again and lists some more :lol:

Or wait for that bridge in Brooklyn to come up again. That seemed like a sweet deal ;)

Or wait for that bridge in Brooklyn to come up again. That seemed like a sweet deal ;)

Ah man I always miss all the sweet deals. Thats one of the things I was hoping I could buy once I get my $ from the nice Nigerian fellow.

Well, it looks like our SCAMMER is back.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom-2-V ... 3ce5861d93

.... with another SCAM listing wanting to SCAM you out of your money. I hope no one falls for this SCAM .

I'm posting the link to this SCAM in hopes of preventing anyone from falling for this SCAM .

ProfessorStein said:
So you're saying it's a SCAM , sparky?

Yes, it's a SCAM. I don't want anyone to fall for this type of SCAM as many people are stupid enough they may truly believe they're going to get a $1300 machine for $20.

dirkclod said:
Well I for one am not gonna say it's a scam till the Brown truck don't pull up in about 30 days with my 10 P2V's ! And yes I know if it Looks like crap and smells like crap it's gonna taste like crap :lol:

Let us know if it flies like crap.

(or is that attract flies like crap.....?)

kydan said:
Folks...if it's too good to be true then it isn't!

This is like the third thread I've seen (second in the last week) on scam phantom eBay listings.

Quit posting this crap!! ;). If you want to give them your $20 for a shorterm loan then go for it. Just leave us out of it.

wow, look we all think these ebay auctions are bs, but some of us might be interested in these things. So, I would appreciate it if you do not try and censor what is posted here. Thank you very much.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik