eBay raising it's fees

Droneted

Phantom 4 gimbal repair advice
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Everyone should know that EBay is raising their fees to 12.35%. They have cut out PayPal and it goes directly to your bank. I noticed that they are even charging the fee on sales tax they collect. That is outrageous. Perhaps we should utilize Phantom pilots classifieds more.

I'm a huge "online shopper" (for my day job) and up until last year we utilized eBay a lot. Actually for a while eBay was probably 99% of all my invoices. We started using "forums" and Amazon more last year and this year my eBay invoices are probably less than 5% of all invoices now. It may not seem like a lot but just last month I spent over $15k just on Amazon purchases. If you factor in eBay's new fees there's no way I'm going to support that craziness. BYE FELICIA I mean eBay.

eBay sucks with their outrageous fees. They have next to zero customer support so their overhead costs are mostly just technology and the (admittedly huge) staff that does who knows what. I stopped using them ages ago for buying anything. I haven't sold anything there in a while either. Way back it used to be a great platform for finding good deals between independent sellers. Now it's just a commercial selling venture and the prices are not great.

I buy mostly everything on Amazon with free two day shipping and no additional fees. For buying/selling used stuff locally (I've done many drones this way) I use Craigslist. It's easy, fast, and free.

I took advantage of the eBay free first time sale. P4P+ sold for $1145 would have been Very expensive now. All my other drones sold on Craigslist or here in classified.
PayPal sucks too. Been fighting for months to get a fraud refund. I had to do all the research with UPS to uncover the scam. PayPal was useless and I’m still waiting. ?

Done complaining, y’all have a great day! Good to be alive ??‍?

I took advantage of the eBay free first time sale. P4P+ sold for $1145 would have been Very expensive now. All my other drones sold on Craigslist or here in classified.
PayPal sucks too. Been fighting for months to get a fraud refund. I had to do all the research with UPS to uncover the scam. PayPal was useless and I’m still waiting. ?

Done complaining, y’all have a great day! Good to be alive ??‍?
Fully agree on everything. The thing is that they continue to get away with it and actually make tons of money because people continue to use them. That's the part that is surprising. With so many better options, why do people still go there? I guess it's the same question that can be asked of TV shopping channels like QVC. Why would I sit in front of a TV all day waiting for a "deal" on something I might like when I can just research and get better deals online?

Reactions: Capt KO
I've been on eBay since 2008... since their changes and high costs I changed my methods.It's been a few years now that I use eBay only as and advertising platform. I show my wares at a 20%-30% higher price than on my Website and let the customers know indirectly where it can be found. Been working well.

Jerry

Reactions: Capt KO
I mostly buy only on ebay now and use PayPal. No problems. PayPal has ben very good about fraud and issues. Except that you don't like the fees, what's the problem?

Ebay charges are a disgrace, have you seen how many companies they sell your information to, thousands just look at the list who they sell to it goes on and on and on..They should NOT be charging any fees at all.Total disgrace..

Reactions: PhantomFandom
Have you seen the amount of companies that they share your info with?. Thousands and now I notice they are using Capcha more of your info shared..Their fees should be lower not higher or none at all..

Everyone should know that EBay is raising their fees to 12.35%. They have cut out PayPal and it goes directly to your bank. I noticed that they are even charging the fee on sales tax they collect. That is outrageous. Perhaps we should utilize Phantom pilots classifieds more.
I haven't seen the option to let the $ go directly to your bank! And I didn't know they've raised their fees! Wow!

Have you seen the amount of companies that they share your info with?. Thousands and now I notice they are using Capcha more of your info shared..Their fees should be lower not higher or none at all..
Good point I've had some out there out there emails ,even x rated,,how the heck does that happen,,we should get royalties for them given out our info,,I guess this is in that real small fine print t we cant even read,,I have blocked so much spam lately,

Well, I am sorry, is there still anyone shopping on eBay? I have been using it a lot back in the day, however i do not shop anymore on ebay for like 3 or 4 years. I don't know why, but the amount of scammers on ebay has multiplied dramatically.
Yeh major in waiting for order aswell,I stopped buying while back,,xmas orders will be fun

Good point I've had some out there out there emails ,even x rated,,how the heck does that happen,,we should get royalties for them given out our info,,I guess this is in that real small fine print t we cant even read,,I have blocked so much spam lately,
They actually give the lists or did do (not checked in a while) of ALL the companies that they share your info with, there is tick boxes for you to delete if you want to, but there are pages and pages yes and even more pages of the companies, too many to go through and tick all of them...

Len stay safe..

I don't know why this silly thread was revived. It's bullish*t anyhow. For most items ebay is still 10% commission, less for some items, and still integrates PayPal, though not always seamlessly. Been using ebay since 1997. I still do. Quit bellyaching. You do have choices, though.

I don't know why this silly thread was revived. It's bullish*t anyhow. For most items ebay is still 10% commission, less for some items, and still integrates PayPal, though not always seamlessly. Been using ebay since 1997. I still do. Quit bellyaching. You do have choices, though.

2 months is not reviving a thread. I see you are triggered by the topic though.

Reactions: jsmith
Yeh major in waiting for order aswell,I stopped buying while back,,xmas orders will be fun
I've noticed a lot of scamming buyers when I'm selling. eBay used to be a relatively scamm-free place, but now, they're abounding. I'm not sure if it's the same with Mercari, but I'm going to try to use that or here to sell things now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1