Easy to use < $100 indoor drones

Reaction score
This has probably been covered before but...

What's a decent indoor drone for messing around at home with when it's cold out? A little over a $100 is fine, just want to keep it relatively cheap.

Can a mod please delete this or move it to general discussion. Thanks.

Edit: Thank you whoever moved it to gen :)

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
I would get something like Darren said a small Hubsan. I have a syma x5 and it's a bit too big for the house. I recommend getting one with prop guards, as you get good you get faster and start to smash into the furniture and walls, with the prop guards these small bird don't damage things and you can usually flip them back up and take off again. I would also get a small bird with battery packs you can replace and recharge because they fly about 5 minutes and may take 40 minutes to recharge. I you want to fly I would get an extra 4 batteries and spare props and guards as they are not expensive and have fun.

Reactions: Darren Roach
I found myself last night with the exact same question. After further research I bought a nice set up last night. I went with the Blade Nano Qx. Bnf. For the radio I choose the Spectrum Dx6E. I believe this is an outstanding set up for MY APPLICATION! All for under 150 dollars,

This has probably been covered before but...

What's a decent indoor drone for messing around at home with when it's cold out? A little over a $100 is fine, just want to keep it relatively cheap.
The JXD509g flies very nicely indoors and has barometric altitude hold. It comes with a very fine quality FPV screen attached to the controller.

Costs around $75 now and you can get one from Amazon, Gearbest, and most major dealers.

Having a blast with the Parrot Mambo, $100, sports fixed downward camera that does visual positioning, an ultrasonic ranger for hovering within 15 feet, a barometer for elevations above that, full 6-axis IMU. I'm amazed at the stability outdoors in gusty wind. Comes with a cannon and grabber attachment too for a bit of fun, and some pre-programmed stunts like flips.

Downside is no stick controller included (control from phone app, but you can get one called the FlyPad, I did and would highly recommend it), no FPV in flight, connects via bluetooth. Of these, the only one that was really an issue for me was the controller, and that can be remedied for another $40.

Reactions: Fancher9-76
Glad someone asked this.

I have had my Phantom in the air for a week now, but the weather has turned crummy, and ALAS, I find myself addicted to this drone thing.

Looking for a little bugger that can slolom between barstool legs, table legs, pass under the dog and other precision maneuvers of like nature.

I have 5 H8 mini's, they're awesome and yes the yaw rate on high an low = insane especially in headless mode.

That's funny as I have 5 also. I put some "dobs" of hot melt glue in the led's to make them brighter.

I have a few of these (Eachine E10WD nano):

a051d349-3dcb-4597-8834-48d680313563.jpg

Loads of fun to fly indoors and outdoors, FPV. Here's a good video review:

Thanks for all the great info. Right now it's a toss up between the Hubsan x4 H107L and the Eachine H8 mini. Both come with a couple extra props but it looks like the Eachine has the guard and Hubsan may not. I also plan on buying extra batteries and a charger. Use is indoor (and maybe in the yard if no wind).

Anyone care to compare? Thanks for all your ideas.

Well, I have the following:

The P4 (of course)
Hubsan H502S (GPS, altitude hold, position hold [via GPS], FPV 720p camera)
Hubsan H107D+ (similar in size to the Eachine H8, but with altitude hold and FPV camera)
Parrot Mambo
Eachine E10WD
Cheerson CX-37 (FPV micro hexacopter -- really cool little flyers, another $30-40 way to play)

Of these, my favorites and the ones that get flown the most are the H502S, E10WD, and the CX-37. The latter two indoors with some outdoor flying when conditions are calm, and the 502 outdoors for full-on, major out-of-LOS flying where you don't want to commit Hare Kare if disaster strikes (hey, $150 ain't chump change by any measure, but it is a fraction of the hit you take if you lose your P4).

I unbelievably took the 502 out over 1000m distance at 130m elevation yesterday, before I lost contact with it (it has RTH). That's my new record -- I made it 800m previously. This is stock.

I'll plug the E10WD one more time for the indoor flyer. Watch that review video. The FPV option, when you want to play with it that way, is a really great thing to have.

And for grins, here's some lazy Sunday morning harassment of Duke and Buddy with the CX-37:

1464147173926178.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20