Eagle encounters

I question the video, looks a bit produced to me(fake) sorry. The worst thing you can do with any bird of prey is run. When they decide you’re on the menu the angle and speed they come at easily overtake a quad. The best thing to do at that point is go straight up and go fast. Once on the attack the bird can’t make an adjustment like that. When they commit they commit. You can easily get away just by changing your angle and getting away. The bird can’t come out of that dive bomb mode. It works if you are at max height well not sure what to say except try anyway. It’s easier to make the bird miss than to lose a 1000+ drone.
I can guarantee the video is not fake, sorry. It is a little bit produced, sometimes called edited.
I slo-mo’d the chase by 50% and croped it by 20%, so that you could see the birds clearer.
Other than that, it’s how it happened.

Reactions: Shoot4fun
Use firehouse technology led lights they keep all kinds of predator birds away.The white works best I also have the side red and green attached with Velcro.I had all kinds of seagulls and eagles and hawks oh my..lol.The lights actually work great they don't bother my drone at all anymore.????

Reactions: Shoot4fun
On a recent flight I had a bald eagle do at least 4 or 5 flybys.2 on the way out and 3 on the way back. No aggression or attitude. I assume I was relatively close to their nest. I'll give that area some space for a while.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fake or no fake, it seems Quite real for me. Anyway hiding behind the tree was the best you can do and if the eagle continues to attack then you should run straight up with the highest speed possible.
Once the eagle is at the level of the tree it can't go up as it needs much more time than the drone. Escaping that way should be a piece of cake.

On a recent flight I had a bald eagle do at least 4 or 5 flybys.2 on the way out and 3 on the way back. No aggression or attitude. I assume I was relatively close to their nest. I'll give that area some space for a while.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Great video

Reactions: macaulayjuan

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31