Dying battery = lagging and terrible communication

Reaction score
Hey yall,

I have a P4P Obsidian using an iPad mini 4. I do not have all my version numbers at the moment (sorry I will upload them later). Anyway, when my battery life hits 25% the video communication back to my ipad is terrible. Green screens flash to gray, lagging like terrible. From 100% to 25% works just fine, as soon as it hits 25% it changes. Happens with all 3 of my batteries. I know that I am not on the latest version of DJI Go 4. Last time I updated that it caused more harm than good. Anyone else having this issue?

Also, it seems like when I fly on 2.4ghz my range is not as good. When I switch to 5.8ghz it seems to help some.

If anyone could recommend a solid good working version for P4P, controller, ipad ios, and go 4 that would be great.

Thanks!

Are you flying away from yourself most of the time? What is the closest distance you are from Phantom when this happens? Lipo's are designing to put out full power all the time, until they run out of juice. The voltage only drops from something like 4.7v per cell to 3.3v per cell.

Reactions: kiriansd
Are you flying away from yourself most of the time? What is the closest distance you are from Phantom when this happens? Lipo's are designing to put out full power all the time, until they run out of juice. The voltage only drops from something like 4.7v per cell to 3.3v per cell.
LiION chemistry is designed for high power density- power delivery is determined by load demand and limited by C rating and total capacity. LiION does exhibit a flatter discharge voltage profile than a lot of chemistries however you won't see 4.7V terminal voltage on any liPO cell. 4.35V is the absolute max safe terminal voltage for a HV LiPO cell at 100%. 3V can ordinarily be considered as 0%

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav