Dusting it off

Reaction score
Buying new Aftermarket batteries for a P2 Vis+ that's been in mothballs for three years. Anyone have any advice/warnings before I try to re-learn it all?

If your P2V+ was flying just fine before mothballing, then do NOT upgrade the firmware before attempting to fly. Be prepared for the dreaded black screen. If you get the black screen, then evidently DJI has come up with a fix recently. I believe Mike Singer has information about what you'll have to do.

In late 2016, DJI put in a firmware upgrade for the P2V, which, for all of us who upgraded thereafter, we could connect OK but got the dreaded "black screen." DJI finally realized the problem and that they had to fix it. By submitting the proper documentation showing that you owned the P2V before the upgrade, DJI said it would fix the problem for free. I did that, DJI accepted my documentation and sent me a shipping label, then I received the message only a few days later that DJI had fixed the problem, but it would cost me $138. It seemed that they fixed some things* in addition to the black screen problem. I grumbled, but went ahead and paid the $138, because my P2V lacks the geofencing that prevents my P3P from flying near an airport. Now I can get LAANC authorization to fly near a Class C airport.

Reactions: CPO Coastie
Buying new Aftermarket batteries for a P2 Vis+ that's been in mothballs for three years. Anyone have any advice/warnings before I try to re-learn it all?

I have 2 DJI battery’s and 2 knock offs. I can tell a difference in how the feel, how they seat in to battery holder, and how the fit. All not for the better. To date I had to make one emergency oh **** landing because one of knock off started to loose connection but had enough to keep flying drone. This happen directly after take off and I wasn’t to far. 2 other times where it caught the issue before flight. I have more that 20-30 flights with each of them. I just try to use them when I’m fly in rural areas and not in town lol. As for performance I can’t tell a difference.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic