Duplicate Waypoints Quickly?

Reaction score
Is there a way to QUICKLY duplicate waypoints in a single mission?

I want my P3A to fly between two points several times in one session. Just back and forth between point 1 and point 2. I will change speeds each time, or I will adjust camera angle when flying. But I basically just want it to keep flying continuously from point 1 to point 2, back to point 1 again, then on to point 2 again, then back to point 1, etc...

Is there a way to do that without having to wait till the mission stops, and go through the whole process of reloading a saved mission???

Thanks in advance.

Is there a way to QUICKLY duplicate waypoints in a single mission?

I want my P3A to fly between two points several times in one session. Just back and forth between point 1 and point 2. I will change speeds each time, or I will adjust camera angle when flying. But I basically just want it to keep flying continuously from point 1 to point 2, back to point 1 again, then on to point 2 again, then back to point 1, etc...

Is there a way to do that without having to wait till the mission stops, and go through the whole process of reloading a saved mission???

Thanks in advance.
I'm not aware of any option to "loop" the mission. Why not simply add those waypoints to your mission?

You could also try setting your mission to reverse or return to waypoint 1. Then hit the play button again. I've never tried it so I don't know how complicated that would be.

Reactions: Just Mark
I'm not aware of any option to "loop" the mission. Why not simply add those waypoints to your mission?

You could also try setting your mission to reverse or return to waypoint 1. Then hit the play button again. I've never tried it so I don't know how complicated that would be.

I guess that is kind of what I am doing right now??? I just basically switch the controller back to GPS mode, then switch it back to F mode, then click on the waypoints, then load a saved mission, then re-fly it. Just that it takes up kind of a bit of time to do that.

Am I missing something? Is there a quicker way to do this?

Using Litchi, place your waypoints. Then in SETTINGS / FINISH ACTION, select either BACK TO 1, or REVERSE. That will set up a loop flight program that will only end if you select SPORT mode, or hit RTH.

SETTINGS.png

To answer you question, there is no "quick" way to do what you are trying to accomplish

The minimum 3d distance between 2 waypoints in a mission is 0.6 meters (2 feet).
So you could setup a mission in the Litchi mission hub (you can enter coördinates & height for each waypoint) that gets close to what you want.
Example:
WP1a, height 100 feet
WP1b, same postion, height 102 feet
WP1c, same position, height 100 feet
WP1d, same position, height 102 feet
do the same for WP2.
If this doesn't work, use a height-difference of 3 feet.

Using Litchi, place your waypoints. Then in SETTINGS / FINISH ACTION, select either BACK TO 1, or REVERSE. That will set up a loop flight program that will only end if you select SPORT mode, or hit RTH.

View attachment 121654

Thank you for the suggestion. I will look in to the Litchi app.

My concern: Does Litchi require / allow you to fly the actual way points (at least at first) to set them? I would like to actually fly from point 1 to point 2 in order to make sure that I am not crashing in to tree tops (since I can't gauge the height of the trees and I am commonly flying in at a 45-degree angle to the ground (so i am getting lower and lower as I fly forward).

Thank you for the suggestion. I will look in to the Litchi app.

My concern: Does Litchi require / allow you to fly the actual way points (at least at first) to set them? I would like to actually fly from point 1 to point 2 in order to make sure that I am not crashing in to tree tops (since I can't gauge the height of the trees and I am commonly flying in at a 45-degree angle to the ground (so i am getting lower and lower as I fly forward).
Good to be concerned with the tree height. Many before you have made that mistake.

No need to fly it in advance to use Litchi, but not a bad idea. Just head out to the trees you're concerned with and aim high. Once you're there and at a safe altitude, reference your altitude.

Keep in mind when programming your mission that the altitudes are not always precise. Allow 25 feet for variances. Trees are not your friend!

If finish Action is set to "Back to 1" the AC will fly in a straight line from the last waypoint to waypoint 1.
If Finish Action is set to "Reverse" the AC will STOP at the last waypoint until you pull the right stick down, the AC will than fly BACKWARDS to each waypoint in descending order as long as you hold the right stick down.

With Litchi you can fly manually in waypoint mode and press the C1 buttton to set/place a waypoint at the current position of the AC. This waypoint will contain the Position, Height (relative to take-off point), and Orientation of the AC, as well as the gimbal pitch angle.
You can repeat this to a maximum of 99 waypoints.
After that (flying), give the mission a name and save it.
Now fine-tune it in the mission hub.

DJI SDK Limits:

Min-Max 3D distance between 2 WPs: 0.6-1999m (2-6561ft)
Max distance between Home and WP: 4000m (2.48mile)
Max Cumulative mission distance: 30000m (18.64mile)
Min-Max Corner radius of waypoint: 0,2-1000m (0.6-3280ft)
Min-Max Orbit Raduis: 15-500m (49-1640ft)
Min-Max WP Height: -200-+500m (-656-+1640ft)
Min-Max POI Height: -200-+500m (-656-+1640ft)

Min-Max Mission Waypoints: 2-99
Max number of actions per waypoint: 15
Max number of times a single waypoint action can be repeated: 15
How many times the ground station task will be repeated: 1-255
Min-Max Pause setting in WP-action: 0-32 sec. (0-32767 ms)
Rotate UAV in WP-action: -180°, +180°
Controllable Gimbal range: (-90° to +30°), -90° to +0°

For Gimbal Pitch changes and Flying Speed Changes to work there MUST be a connection between the AC and RC.

The altitude of the aircraft is relative to the ground at the take-off location, has a range of [-200,500] and should not be larger than the aircraft's max limited altitude. If two adjacent waypoints have different altitudes, then the altitude will gradually change as the aircraft flies between waypoints.

DJI SDK Limits:

Min-Max 3D distance between 2 WPs: 0.6-1999m (2-6561ft)
Max distance between Home and WP: 4000m (2.48mile)
Max Cumulative mission distance: 30000m (18.64mile)
Min-Max Corner radius of waypoint: 0,2-1000m (0.6-3280ft)
Min-Max Orbit Raduis: 15-500m (49-1640ft)
Min-Max WP Height: -200-+500m (-656-+1640ft)
Min-Max POI Height: -200-+500m (-656-+1640ft)

Min-Max Mission Waypoints: 2-99
Max number of actions per waypoint: 15
Max number of times a single waypoint action can be repeated: 15
How many times the ground station task will be repeated: 1-255
Min-Max Pause setting in WP-action: 0-32 sec. (0-32767 ms)
Rotate UAV in WP-action: -180°, +180°
Controllable Gimbal range: (-90° to +30°), -90° to +0°

For Gimbal Pitch changes and Flying Speed Changes to work there MUST be a connection between the AC and RC.

The altitude of the aircraft is relative to the ground at the take-off location, has a range of [-200,500] and should not be larger than the aircraft's max limited altitude. If two adjacent waypoints have different altitudes, then the altitude will gradually change as the aircraft flies between waypoints.

Thank you for the replies. I really appreciate that.

Just to make sure I FULLY understand, your above info is relating to use with the Litchi app, right???

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik