DSLR pros / Maytech GoPro Gimbal Installation

Reaction score
Purchased a DSLR Pros / Maytech gimbal off eBay from DSLRproswholesale.. Package arrived, everything well packed, etc, and the product appears to be decent quality, but I can't find any instructions as the wiring of this to my Phantom I, or any indication of the best way to physically mount it to my Phantom.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Reactions: Cassiel
BadKitty said:
Purchased a DSLR Pros / Maytech gimbal off eBay from DSLRproswholesale.. Package arrived, everything well packed, etc, and the product appears to be decent quality, but I can't find any instructions as the wiring of this to my Phantom I, or any indication of the best way to physically mount it to my Phantom.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

have you tried youtube... thats my go to for questions.

or ask dslpproswholesale tech support

Reactions: Cassiel
I have sent two messages to DSLRproswholesale, with no response (have purchased other things in the past from them with good luck and fast shipping) - original presales response from them was that it would include wiring instructions, but not physical mounting instructions (which I can live with).

Have looked on youtube, but no reference to Maytech GoPro gimbal, mainly the bigger ones.

dslrproswholesale has gotten back to me, that they do not have any instructions, as the manufacturer does not provide instructions... They did elaborate that "Gimbal is controlled by the pins in the back of the Gimbal. RX P controls the pitch. RX R controls the roll".....

So I guess I will need to look at other installation instructions for various gimbals and reverse engineer the wiring for this one....

If anybody has an experience with the Maytech, or can offer some pointers, it would be appreciated.

Powered her up, and she does compensate for movement, but I am concerned about the 3rd axis (rotation left to right)... Holding it in my hand, if I give it a turn to the left or right (without babying it), the camera readjusts its viewing position by 90 degrees (so instead of looking forward it would now be looking left). I also note a fair amount of shutter if you tilt the gimbal mechanism 35-45 degrees.

Anyway, since I can't find any documentation for it, and as none will be provided by the vendor, I need to see if anybody has any suggestions for the following questions, and with the pics if this might have been private labeled by somebody else that might have documentation.
1) There is a USB port - any suggestion of apps that can be used to connect / adjust if needed?
2) Can a défault forward position be set for the camera, so it doesn't need to repointed by hand at power up each time?
3) There is a strobe effect of LEDS while powered on.... is this required? Is it indicative of anything? Can it be turned off?
4) Any other comments on how to make this girl sing?

I welcome any information that can be offered about this gimbal, so I am sharing the following photos in the hope that somebody recognizes it under some other label that might have documentation.

Edit Note (1/16/15) - Noted on eBay somebody else selling these as SMART Gimbals.

IMG_4579.JPG

IMG_4580.JPG

IMG_4581.JPG

IMG_4582.JPG

Powered her up, and she does compensate for movement, but I am concerned about the 3rd axis (rotation left to right)... Holding it in my hand, if I give it a turn to the left or right (without babying it), the camera readjusts its viewing position by 90 degrees (so instead of looking forward it would now be looking left). I also note a fair amount of shutter if you tilt the gimbal mechanism 35-45 degrees.

Anyway, since I can't find any documentation for it, and as none will be provided by the vendor, I need to see if anybody has any suggestions for the following questions, and with the pics if this might have been private labeled by somebody else that might have documentation.
1) There is a USB port - any suggestion of apps that can be used to connect / adjust if needed?
2) Can a défault forward position be set for the camera, so it doesn't need to repointed by hand at power up each time?
3) There is a strobe effect of LEDS while powered on.... is this required? Is it indicative of anything? Can it be turned off?
4) Any other comments on how to make this girl sing?

I welcome any information that can be offered about this gimbal, so I am sharing the following photos in the hope that somebody recognizes it under some other label that might have documentation.

Edit Note (1/16/15) - Noted on eBay somebody else selling these as SMART Gimbals.

IMG_4579.JPG

IMG_4580.JPG

IMG_4581.JPG

IMG_4582.JPG
Hi Badkitty, thanks for you trying Maytech products and your feedback. We'll improved the point you mentioned.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.