Dual GoPro Session Gimbal

Reaction score
Has anyone experience with or recommendations for using a dual GoPro Hero5 Session setup (3D video) on a Phantom2 with a gimbal?

I just started into drone videography having bought a cheap used Phantom 2. It works fine and I could successfully attach a dual GoPro Session setup using just the cheap damping unit that the seller left attached to the drone. But of course, the video shows all the harsh movements of the drone when changing directions.

I would like to add a gimbal, but on the net, I could only find those suitable for just one GoPro unit. There are several cheap generic gimbals on eBay, but all those look too narrow for fitting two GoPro Sessions side by side (each 38mm/1.5“).

Any hints, what kind of gimbal could be suitable?

Thanks and greetings from Germany!

Last edited:
I have experimented a lot with 3d video. I have an older GoPro setup for 3d which has a cable to connect and synchronize two cameras. It has a case which mounts one of the cameras upside down. It works really well for close objects but with distant subjects such as you would have with the drone, the stereo effect is diminished.
I think you will need the cameras much farther apart for it to give much depth. I think you will also have to synchronize frames to get a good result.
Here is an example to view if you have some red/cyan anaglyph glasses.
You may find a gimbal which is made for a compact camera that will be big enough for 2 sessions, maybe something like this:
Glass Fiber Brushless Camera Mount Gimbal Set for Pocket Camera Aerial Photography $139.80 Free Shipping @GoodLuckBuy.com
Good luck

I think you will need the cameras much farther apart for it to give much depth.

I had the same impression from my first recordings. Anyway, I will give it a try with one of those gimbals. Thank you very much for the helpful link!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20