Dropping Payloads with DJI Phantom 3 Advanced

Be aware is against FAA regulation to drop anything from a flying craft.
This is not true! We used to have flour bomb accuracy contests. I used to drop rolls of toilet paper out of a Citabria, and use the streamer as a reference for aerobatic flying. The reg reads something like, "...dropping objects...as long as...no danger to people or structures on the ground..." FAA regs can be surprisingly liberal if there is no danger to non-participants. An example is altitude limits over uninhabited or sparsely populated areas. It's not 500'! You can fly as low you want but, "no closer than 500' to any structure or person...in any case no lower that a power unit failure would cause an undo-hazard to people on the ground." Don't forget dropping sky divers. But they jump and aren't "released".LOL

This works on P3 & P4 all series
Servo need to be operated on 5V to be able to provide sufficient Juice
The version below operated on 5V plug & play using LED sensor

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

new1_grande.png

Black Version

FB_IMG_1474209174422_grande.jpg

FB_IMG_1474209181455_grande.jpg

Glow in dark version
20170615_204239_grande.png

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Beer drop test

Not needed to open shell
USB rechargeable port
Fast charging module takes 50 Minutes to charge
Tested Torque 2.5KG

cheapest on market $119
FREE SHIPPING
Visit site

Be aware is against FAA regulation to drop anything from a flying craft.
Not true!! had a similar discussion on another thread concerning fireworks. My response there: "Again under Part 107, paragraph 107.23 prohibits dropping anything from a UAV that would present a hazard to those on the ground. It specifically states that it doesn't actually prohibit dropping items and that the restrictions mirror the language in 91.15 for manned aircraft."
The RC community does it all the time in their mock combat precision bombing competitions.

Has anyone actually installed the UBuyWeRush or Gimbal Guard drop devices?

I was interested in getting a drop device for my P3P since I live about 2 miles away from my Mom's house and this kind of delivery system could come in handy --- like on cold winter days where she left keys at my place and I dont feel like driving to her house to return them. Also would be nice to sample of one her freshly-baked Xmas cookies fresh out the oven :p

The UBuyWeRush device is about $30 cheaper and can be charged with a USB cable. The Gimbal Guard device ships directly from Israel so that could delay arrival to the states by 2 weeks or more.

I also saw this gadget on Amazon --- a lot pricier and it comes with it's own remote but has more limited range (0.6 miles):

Amazon.com: FLiFLi AirDrop Release and Drop Device for DJI Phantom 4 Series (FAD-1000ST): Camera & Photo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.