Drones used by Police

I am not sure why, but my friend is captain at Daytona, and I mentioned if he ever need to use my drone he could and he told me they need to teather a string to it if they use it. It's not for safety, I know that much.

Certainly never seen that in the UK or in the Middle East. Not sure why they would do that if it wasn't for some sort of safety reason......?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

There's also a pilot scheme (pilot as in trial, not flying type pilot) where lights are deployed by drones for emergency use...I'll try and find the link.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

There is NO requirement for a police drone to have a tether. They can do it that way if they choose to, but not required.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Certainly never seen that in the UK or in the Middle East. Not sure why they would do that if it wasn't for some sort of safety reason......?
Some companies are marketing tethered drone options to public safety organizations as a means of prolonged flights for longer term surveillance....they can deliver power, eliminating the need for battery changes. There is no requirement for tethering, even in Daytona.

Reactions: Chris Woodford
Is a drone when tethered a drone/uav according to the law?
Maybe the police use tethered drones for legal reasons.
No. I'm not aware of any police or fire agency where tethering of a drone is required, including Dayton. Dayton does have a UAV permit, although I don't believe they actually have any drones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers