Drones called “Low Orbiting Incident Satellites,” or L.O.I.S.

Not sure why they would need a drone for this. If our fire department was to simply drive through our neighborhood on 4th of July evening, they would find people setting off illegal fireworks on every street block they drove down. Sounds like an intense war zone and I have never even see a police car patrolling. I guess they just wait for complaints.

Not sure why they would need a drone for this. If our fire department was to simply drive through our neighborhood on 4th of July evening, they would find people setting off illegal fireworks on every street block they drove down. Sounds like an intense war zone and I have never even see a police car patrolling. I guess they just wait for complaints.

I don't know either. Sounds like they wrote 80 tickets at $1,000 each last year so could be a money-maker for overtime. Some states don't worry about fireworks at all, but CA seems obsessed to try and ban them.

I'm also wondering about the 107 part (If they are exempt being an agency?), any airport proximity, flying at night waivers, etc. Some of that may backfire on them if someone lawyers up.

I can see CA having a dry season issue and brush fires easily starting. I too wonder about the flight restrictions.

You would think with all that fine $ they would have at least sprung for a P3P or
P4P. What aboutflying at night and line of site ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl