DroneBase is increasingly frustrating to use.

Reaction score
I've had clips up for months now, again, and all I get is the same cookie cutter response from their support. I don't know if they need to hire more people or what, but what started as a less than a week review process has gotten ridiculous. At first I thought maybe I could make a living flying my drone and traveling, but that's obviously impossible. I am thinking I may just go back to uploading to Shutterstock and other sites myself.

Hello Midnight Son,
Did dronebase ever improve since this post? I am considering doing the same as you, flying the drone and travelling. If it hasn't, what have you decided to do?

Hello Midnight Son,
Did dronebase ever improve since this post? I am considering doing the same as you, flying the drone and travelling. If it hasn't, what have you decided to do?
Not really, I just made this post today. lol. But seriously, I thought that was something I could seriously consider doing, but it's apparent that can not happen until they figure out a solution to the enormous wait times. If ever. I'm pretty close to giving up on them.

Not really, I just made this post today. lol. But seriously, I thought that was something I could seriously consider doing, but it's apparent that can not happen until they figure out a solution to the enormous wait times. If ever. I'm pretty close to giving up on them.
Oh, lol, my bad. I'm new to the site and mistook your join date as the post date hahaha. Good to know though. I may still give it a go. I should have mine by the weekend. To use dronebase and other apps do they require you to have your sUAS drone certificate before joining? I should be getting mine later this week unless I don't get a call back from the testing center.

Oh, lol, my bad. I'm new to the site and mistook your join date as the post date hahaha. Good to know though. I may still give it a go. I should have mine by the weekend. To use dronebase and other apps do they require you to have your sUAS drone certificate before joining? I should be getting mine later this week unless I don't get a call back from the testing center.
No worries. Not for creative missions, just for client missions which I don't do yet(if ever).

Reactions: crazydaze
Recently flew a DroneBase mission, which brought me to the portal. One difference I noticed was the lack of local cheapie missions. Previously they had $20 missions scattered around my community; zero now?! I think they have adjusted their business model.

If clips are approved, they pay $15. How in the world would you make a living out of that regardless of turn around time? I wouldn't waste any time or effort on those ever.

If using Biz Sites like DroneBase is you biz model you seriously need to get out of the business. By the way if you fly a “creative” mission and get paid you need your 107 pilots license. One more thing people making money taking drone pictures were mostly photographers already in business making money that just added drones as another camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT