Drone travel case questions

Reaction score
I see a DigiPower drone backpack for under 60 that meets travel specs. I have never traveled with my P3P is this a decent case and should I know anything about traveling with it I'm going to Las Vegas with it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using PhantomPilots mobile app

I wouldn't use that for travel. It looks to be just a universal backpack
I had an inexpensive one but it had the foam inside and fit the phantom nice and snug
Backpack Bag Carrying Shoulder Case For DJI Phantom 4 and Phantom 3 | eBay
They have the hard shell ones for less than $40 on ebay.
Backpack Hardshell CarryinG Case Bag Hard Shell Waterproof for DJI Phantom 3 | eBay
I have the DJI hard shell and you can find them here for decent prices sometimes
You have to bring the phantom as carry on luggage.

Last edited:
I purchased a Lowepro Droneguard cs400 for my P3. Highly recommended - light and durable so will protect the drone well - plenty of room to safely and securely fit drone and surprisingly light to carry! Well worth looking at

Reactions: ryantrax
I usually have a camera backpack with me as my carry-on so I've had to send my drone via check-in luggage. For that I use a Nanuk case.

Oh I know I can check the phantom and carry on the batteries but I would just like to take both as a carry on. The case I have is the Fearless case and it's too big

Sent from my SM-N920P using PhantomPilots mobile app

I understand it's only the batteries that airlines REQUIRE are in carry on luggage? Which airline are you referring to that says you have to bring Phantom?

- Phantom P3A & P3P -
Sent from my iPad Pro using PhantomPilots App
Southwest air told me the device had to have the battery installed so that now makes it a carry on.
Although I got 2 different answers when I called.:confused: They were looking it up online when I called so that tells me the information they give me is no better than doing some research on my own.
They also said there was a limit of 2 spare batteries so installing the battery in the phantom allowed me a total of 3 batteries but I believe they were wrong there too since the limit is only batteries above 100Wh.
I played it safe and carried it on board and had my wife carry the 2 spare batteries and didn't have a problem.
Pack Safe
Besides all that, we all know how are checked bags are handled. :eek:

Reactions: Loz
4132c6e7fa8e2aaf221e6bce2a6ddec8.jpg
only way to travel! Fits most carry on requirements.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I've flown with this case twice and haven't had any issues.

Once with Southwest and once overseas. On SWA I carried it and had batteries in my backpack, no LIPO bags. I have recently picked a few up though.

It looks cool in blue cant find it on the net anywhere though ! Do you leave your props on ?
its the only thing i dont like about my backpack having to take props off when i travel

Anyone have any experience with this one:

Pro Travel Bag Box Carry Aluminium Alloy Case Box F/ RC Drone DJI Phantom 3 4 S8 | eBay

Looks same as the HUL case in an earlier post in this thread. Not necessarily looking for a airline carry on but just a relatively inexpensive case to keep in the trunk of the car that I can keep the props on. Only hangup I have is that there are no pictures on his listing that show an actual DJi Phantom in the case but as I said, it looks the same as the HUL case so it should fit.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadabyanza24