Drone training resources

Reaction score
Hi all

I recently joined a first responder group that has a decent outfit of drones they use for search and rescue. Until now it was all done by one or 2 guys and they are trying to expand. I've been asked to help build out their drone training program to on-board more people who are interested.

I hate reinventing the wheel so reaching out here to see if anyone has resources that would help. This would be training that would help new people coming in to get the basics before practicing on the drones. Then we could move more into other trainings that are specific to search and rescue once the basics have been fulfilled.

Thanks in advance!!

There are several options but unfortunately this "Category" is constantly patrolled and "stalked" by scavengers trying to make an easy buck and most provide very little "substance" and have no credibility.

If you were near to me we can provide the needed resources but you being in Texas I would reach out to Garret Bryl of Joshua and ask him what's available closer to you.

Also you might get some help over at the following links:
Commercial Drone Pilots Forum

and this very well established FB Group:
UAS for Public Safety - Working Group Global

There are several options but unfortunately this "Category" is constantly patrolled and "stalked" by scavengers trying to make an easy buck and most provide very little "substance" and have no credibility.

If you were near to me we can provide the needed resources but you being in Texas I would reach out to Garret Bryl of Joshua and ask him what's available closer to you.

Great info! Thanks BigA107

Also, I IM'd Garret on his FB page.. Looks like a great resource!! Thank you again!

Garret is an awesome resource for anything Public Safety sUAS related. He and his team are genuine pioneers in this field.

Garret is an awesome resource for anything Public Safety sUAS related. He and his team are genuine pioneers in this field.
Will he respond to a PM on FB?

Will he respond to a PM on FB?

He has previously but it sometimes takes a couple of days. One caveat is that I was his FB Friend so that might factor into the timing etc.

If you don't hear from him in a couple of days, PM me your contact info and I'll pass it along to him.

The link I left earlier about the Public Safety UAS group has a wealth of like minded people in there who are all pretty much willing to give guidance and support to Public Safety Dept/Agencies about sUAS operations. It's a Gold Mine for Public Safety personnel.

He has previously but it sometimes takes a couple of days. One caveat is that I was his FB Friend so that might factor into the timing etc.

If you don't hear from him in a couple of days, PM me your contact info and I'll pass it along to him.

The link I left earlier about the Public Safety UAS group has a wealth of like minded people in there who are all pretty much willing to give guidance and support to Public Safety Dept/Agencies about sUAS operations. It's a Gold Mine for Public Safety personnel.
Yup.. I joined that yesterday. :) Thanks!!

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164