Drone tornado footage 4/30/2019!

Have you seen yesterday's amazing drone footage of an Oklahoma tornado? Apparently its the first air-to-air tornado footage captured since a helicopter did it many years ago. Granted, it's not the most violent tornado ever, but still....
Awsome
Thanks for sharing

Reactions: keyman
Have you seen yesterday's amazing drone footage of an Oklahoma tornado? Apparently its the first air-to-air tornado footage captured since a helicopter did it many years ago. Granted, it's not the most violent tornado ever, but still....
One of the coolest drone video I have seen. Not sure if I would have had the balls to stay with it with all the debris flying around. Thanks for sharing

WOW! Now the weather geek in me was very impressed, but he pilot in me was a little worried. Either was very cool footage, but very unsafe. Anyone know what kind of drone he was flying?

Thanks,

Brett

He must have had a tele lens as being so close to the tornado no drone can resist that wind. I don't mean the vortex itself but the wind 100 m around it.
Anyway must be pretty brave for that, or buying a new drone is a peace of cake for him.

Reactions: MTO
I don’t know...... is that an actual tornado or just a dust devil? Still, pretty cool footage.

Given the limited amount of debris being thrown up, it must not have been very strong. Still, being able to line up and follow it horizontally like that must have been a real trick, or just really lucky timing. Did he OP mention what drone was used?

It's a small tornado, but a definite one. What really impresses me is how stable the drone is. There are birds being tossed about right in front of it. The drone is pretty close at times, certainly within significant winds.

I guess I'm not too worried about technically being too close to clouds. Unlikely that there is a piloted aircraft anywhere near the area.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl