Drone spots in Bay Area, Marin County and LA/Santa Monica

Reaction score
Title says it all; any tips on good drone spots for either nice videos or for long range?

I've called Santa Monica Police Dept before going down there. The beaches and the pier are a no fly zone unless you wanna get fined. Apparently all beaches are off limits to drones according to the police dept.

Took these in August and they didn't bother me
DJI_0045.JPG
DJI_0046.JPG
DJI_0047.JPG

From the beach. This was my first time flying a real drone, a P3P.

From the beach. This was my first time flying a real drone, a P3P.

There's going to be the international Drone Expo at L.A. Convention Center on 12/9 & 12/10 • INTERNATIONAL DRONE EXPO 2016• . Snowghost from the forum and I are going ton 12/10.
Wanted to let you know if case you can\want to go.

I am interested too. For LA. west side of la.

John_LA, I have gone to the ighthouse in Rancho Palos Verdes.
Last October another member from this forum and I went to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.
There is a golf course close to where I live (Sylmar) that I want to do a video shoot one of these days

Reactions: John_LA
John_LA, I have gone to the ighthouse in Rancho Palos Verdes.
Last October another member from this forum and I went to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.
There is a golf course close to where I live (Sylmar) that I want to do a video shoot one of these days

was the lighthouse in Rancho Palos Verdes FAA ok?

just curious. looks pretty.

Yep no issues whatsoever. You can also fly around the Rose Bowl on no events days, cleared by their security office ahead of time.

If you ever want to meet at the light house let me know, me another member from this forum could meet there.

Reactions: Andrew Wright

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers