DRONE SHOT DOWN: Duck hunter shoots, hits #DJI Inspire 2 in Utah

Reaction score
DRONE SHOT DOWN: Duck hunter shoots, hits #DJI Inspire 2 in Utah - The Digital Circuit
DRONE SHOT DOWN: Duck hunter shoots, hits #DJI Inspire 2 in Utah

121512-F-LR006-006-1024x639.jpg

Reactions: Coyote1
Has the FAA ever prosecuted someone who shoots down a drone? Seems they like to levy $11K fines against drone operators for violations, but do nothing to anyone shooting at them.

This skeet-shooting of drones is getting out of hand, more with some $7K I2 rig too. I can see the problems had he shot down some xFly or Alta with maybe $100K in cinema camera and Fuji lenses hanging off it.

In South Africa drones are more welcomed. Maybe this is because of the promise the technology holds. I think some Americans are a little to paranoid when it comes to the beauty of drones. I see owning and using a drone as a super power. An extension of human capabilities. With this power comes great responsibility, not to sound cliche but Its true... what I'm trying to say is "these are brave men shooting down our drones, now let's go and kill them" Game of drones

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Where are the details. Anybody got a link to news reports?

How about the OP's link in the initial post?

"
When the officers located him, according to Allred, he freely admitted his actions to the officers, saying that he’d driven a long distance to hunt and that the drone had disrupted his plans and scared away birds.

“He was just upset – and decided to shoot it. There was no explanation other than that,” says Allred.

The man was charged and ticketed with with criminal mischief. There could be more charges coming.

“I’m going to go talk to the County Attorney, because I think Destruction of Property is also relevant for this situation.""

I'm not saying I condone are agree in any way with the person shooting down the drone. To me, it sounds like he was frustrated and did something he knew was wrong. Sounds like he knew he screwed up.

"
Rather than sue the hunter “into oblivion” and make him a national example, Allred prefers a solution that might educate both sides. He plans to propose a meeting with the alleged shooter, and suggest two things: That the hunter pay the replacement cost of the drone, and that both men appear in the media to explain their positions, and what they’ve learned.

“I would say: ‘You know, us drone pilots do need to be aware of other people.’ And he could say: ‘Yeah, I didn’t realize how serious of a situation this was, and that you cannot legally shoot these, and I didn’t realize how expensive these were and the penalties that could come out of it.'”

Really thinking outside of the box and sounds like a great resolution if it happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: bad karma

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj