'Drone Shoot-Down Bill' Advances In Oklahoma

Reaction score
Good grief! Just ran across this. I don't know the current status, so I will try to find out something.

A bill that would let property owners shoot down a drone that's over their land has made its way out of a Senate committee in Oklahoma, setting up a potential vote on the matter.

It's unclear whether the legislation has a chance of passage; we're reporting on it here as another facet of the debate over how drones are integrated (and regulated) in modern society............

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...9/-drone-shoot-down-bill-advances-in-oklahoma

Didn't fly (pun intended) in Colorado back in 2013. Hope the same thing happens here.

Reactions: dirkclod
Didn't fly (pun intended) in Colorado back in 2013. Hope the same thing happens here.
Yes, I do believe it will fail. I've done some more digging and found out that our Governor, Mary Fallin, has already placed Oklahoma into becoming the "Detroit of Drones". In 2012 she established a Council on Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, and many many companies are already experimenting in the state. Who'd a thunk it?! I have tons more to research to do on the subject of my home state being in the forefront of this new technology.

What an ignorant bill.

This is one of the dumbest things I've heard of.
I'm left wondering,who would be responsible for any damage or injury if the shot down quad hit somthing or someone.
Would it be the quad opperator/owner or the gunman?
Or are the people trying to make laws like this too ignorent and narrow minded to think that broadly?

Reactions: Trumple
Stupidity is alive and well. This Senator says people can't know the intent of a drone so it should be okay to shoot at it. I feel the same way about people who walk up to my home. How about a bill to shoot them?

Stupidity is alive and well. This Senator says people can't know the intent of a drone so it should be okay to shoot at it. I feel the same way about people who walk up to my home. How about a bill to shoot them?
Some of our more rural, eastern counties are a bit, shall we say, introverted?!

11412339_1118103858205865_288908321824029870_n.jpg

I always think its funny when people even think they are even going to be able to shoot down a drone very easily esp if the person flying it dont want to be hit. But I always think about this video from a big gun meet were they had a line of people 1/4 mile long with machine guns all trying to shoot down some target RC planes. Theres some serious amounts of flying lead and they still have a heck of a time hitting them.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Trumple
Oh yeah............... there is also the Oklahoma Full Auto Shoot and Trade Show here every year. It may give you a little insight into the minds of some Okies...........

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just noticed you were from Oklahoma. I was born in Elk City, Grew up in SW Kansas just outside Dodge City. Graduated University in Lawton, after getting smart, moved to Colorful Colorado.
Still have a couple daughters, 4 grandkids, and 2 sisters living in Oklahoma. Sad, and hot and dry.

Reactions: snerd

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.