Drone run away ☹️

Reaction score
Well it's getting dark but I have the itch to fly so I get the drone ready to fly a quick pre flight and away I go so I put it up about 200 feet and start taking picture of the sunset then bam the drone (link) got all funny start to go higher and higher I push the return home button nothing happen 500 feet 600 feet 700 800 836 feet it final crashed about 1 mile away let the search begin

That's a droner's worse nightmare.
I hope you find it.

You should, if you haven’t, upload your flight log to phantomhelp log viewer and or airdata for some clues as to what went wrong heee. If yuu were flingbwith DJI GO and the log reveals DJI hardware/software issue you may get some joy from DJI even if you can’t recover the AC.

Well it's getting dark but I have the itch to fly so I get the drone ready to fly a quick pre flight and away I go so I put it up about 200 feet and start taking picture of the sunset then bam the drone (link) got all funny start to go higher and higher I push the return home button nothing happen 500 feet 600 feet 700 800 836 feet it final crashed about 1 mile away let the search begin
Your app has a "black box" data recorder that can often explain what happened.
If you want to learn from the experience and be able to avoid similar occurrences:
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.

Reactions: Numone and macoman
Your app has a "black box" data recorder that can often explain what happened.
If you want to learn from the experience and be able to avoid similar occurrences:
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.
Can't effen wait to see if he uploads the log. Scary stuff.

While it 's probably too late for the OP....

When you have a lost UAS be sure to leave your Transmitter/Radio ON while you're searching for it! This way if you get close enough for a signal and the aircraft is still powered ON you will possibly be able to see it on the screen and walk right to it.

Hopefully @nightspy has already located it undamaged.

Well I found my drone in the middle of a swamp it was like a stick sticking out of the mud. So first attempt I tryed walking why not oh[EXPLETIVE REMOVED]it's mud but quick mud I was at my butt in no time flat. Then we me and brother in law tryed fishing rod [EXPLETIVE REMOVED] its right smack in the middle of the mud swamp then we see a boat me and my brother in law look at each other and said no way what luck so we push the small boat until it got to the water then used a small board to push are way until we reach link my drone I am very blessed and a lucky drone pilot . ( right in the middle of a big mud pit‍♂️)
But in the end drying out clean up oh nothing broken just some mud on the gimbal

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I'd been overhead to see that retrieval. It could have been a heart wrenching video.

Reactions: RodPad
Well I found my drone in the middle of a swamp it was like a stick sticking out of the mud. So first attempt I tryed walking why not oh[EXPLETIVE REMOVED]it's mud but quick mud I was at my butt in no time flat. Then we me and brother in law tryed fishing rod [EXPLETIVE REMOVED] its right smack in the middle of the mud swamp then we see a boat me and my brother in law look at each other and said no way what luck so we push the small boat until it got to the water then used a small board to push are way until we reach link my drone I am very blessed and a lucky drone pilot . ( right in the middle of a big mud pit‍♂️)
But in the end drying out clean up oh nothing broken just some mud on the gimbal
I.....I......never mind. I have no words.

Ok so you found it, great. Now you should review the logs (or let someone do it for you) so you understand what caused the incident.

Ok so you found it, great. Now you should review the logs (or let someone do it for you) so you understand what caused the incident.

I agree. Maybe several people could learn from this and avoid it in the future.

Reactions: JoBe and Numone
I had to read it four times to understand what the heck you were saying! Just to help out us oldies, in future please can you use a little more in the way of punctuation? ;)

I'm out of breath reading this. Not because of the nature of the story but because of a lack of periods in your text. lol!

Reactions: pomonabill220
I had to read it four times to understand what the heck you were saying! Just to help out us oldies, in future please can you use a little more in the way of punctuation? ;)

I agree....See here:- Community Guidelines

"Posting Standards

Posts should be well formatted. Use paragraphs, punctuation, and capital letters appropriately. Excessive use of Netspeak/LOLspeak (internet slang) and texting shortcuts (b4, str8, etc) is not permitted. Posts with violations may be edited or deleted without notification."

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94