Drone registration

Reaction score
I have my p3 registered through dronezone. I have purchased a P4 and a Spark and I went to register them. I can't get past the first page that shows where the p3 is registered. I do assume I have to register each one and have a tail number. Can someone pint me in the right direction. Thanks

If you're only flying as a hobbyist, you need to register under Section 336 here and attach the same FAA registration number to all of your drones. If that's what you did previously, then all you need to do is label your other drones with your existing FAA registration number.

The FAA registration number doesn't have to be attached to the tail (or exterior of the drone). It's okay (for example) to attach it in the battery compartment like this:

9s.jpg

Yes, you can use the same number as long as you registered under Section 336 (and not Part 107).

I am already registered with my p3. So I just use that same number. I wasn't sure. Thanks

You may want to make sure you've used the correct "side" of the portal for registration. On the hobby side you're not registering the aircraft but registering the operator. I've not done the hobby side in a long time but I don't remember (and I could be wrong) it asking anything about a specific aircraft.

For the record, it's perfectly ok to have a Commercially Registered aircraft and use it for hobby but that registration # can only go on ONE specific aircraft. Hobby you only have one registration you use for all aircraft.

Good luck and Happy Flights :)

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Hi, folks I've just started in this game( what a time to start it) in the UK. I've joined a group called fpv which includes public liability insurance for hobbyists. Where/who else should i register the drone with to be legit?.
thanks gaz

New user here piggybacking on this post. I am starting a drone club in a rural district as part of a program for at-risk youth. Flying would take place after school hours and the closest airport is over 5 miles away.

I have taken the simple FAA quiz to determine if you are Part 107 or Section 336, and the tool spat out Part 107...but frankly we only have two RubiQ educational drones, and even though they would be flying as part of "school work" I don't see why each of my students needs to be a Part 107 pilot (I will be getting certified under Part 107 myself, and I also want to look into real estate photography with my Phantom 3 Pro).

Anybody have experience or advice regarding any of the above?

First, WELCOME to the forum.

Students don't need Part 107 to fly under instruction. I teach students often and few of them have their Part 107 when we start. Many of them go on and get it shortly after the instruction but not before. They are hobbyist while they are training.

You will need Part 107 to instruct them but not for them to fly to learn.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers