Drone Registration Down 50%

Reaction score
Registrations of drones have plummeted by 50%. The FAA plans to launch a drone registration and awareness campaign later this year.

Registrations of drones have plummeted by 50%. The FAA plans to launch a drone registration and awareness campaign later this year.

When people conclude that their government has overstepped it's authority, they ignore it.

When people conclude that their government has overstepped it's authority, they ignore it.

Don’t know how they are going to ignore this if caught.

IMG_1615671490.142331.jpg

Key word there is ”may“.
Like the pilot the FAA caught here several months ago flying in a restricted fire zone. He walked. No fine.

Several of my buddies have quit the hobby due to the new regulations in the US. As their current equipment needed maintenance for whatever reason, they just bailed on drones and moved on to other things. They didn’t want to spend for any new gear until the dust settled and my guess is that they won’t come back.

Don’t know how they are going to ignore this if caught.

View attachment 121644

The country is so messed up nowadays you can get a big group of friends together and set fire to a good part of a major city and you won't be hassled about it. If you commit a crime like robbery or car jacking, you might get stopped but not arrested. If you do manage to do something that warrants an arrest, like murder, there's no bail requirement and you're back out the door so fast you might get dizzy from the quick spin.

So, somebody tell me why anyone should fear what would happen if they failed to register their drone?

The country is so messed up nowadays you can get a big group of friends together and set fire to a good part of a major city and you won't be hassled about it. If you commit a crime like robbery or car jacking, you might get stopped but not arrested. If you do manage to do something that warrants an arrest, like murder, there's no bail requirement and you're back out the door so fast you might get dizzy from the quick spin.

So, somebody tell me why anyone should fear what would happen if they failed to register their drone?
Truer words were never spoken

Reactions: Basspig and MTO
Yeh here in New Zealand the drone rego not hit us yet,but in saying that I no longer fly as much cause few airports in my region and normally drive way out of town to fly,,this us a major inconvenience and I now resort to other entertainment aswell,oversize rc cars,and boats, I have thought about selling me phantoms while they still worth more than $100..when rules change I think they be worthless to even get that much,,still love to fly but lots of things contribute to the way I feel about them now,,wont be long before you have to ask to go toilet,,these new laws in the pipeline are a hobbie killer for some of us and many will break the rules over it,,probably like some in life we not have a say in how long we on this beautiful place,got no one to hand my stuff down to so it might be sold so I can enjoy something else while still around,,
Drones now left at home when I go out,,

I am guessing it has less to do with Government oversight and more to do with people not buying as many drones. After all the hysteria and hype the last few years, followed by the ridiculous bans, restrictions and limits to where people can fly, a lot of people have just given up.

I love my drone, mostly I love the unique vantage and perspectives they enable. They allow for video art that really wasn’t possible prior, even with the assistance of traditional aircraft. They have opened a whole new avenue of expression.

Sadly, I don’t fly as much as I used to. Not because I don’t want to or have lost interest. Mostly because it can be such a challenge finding a spot to fly. In my area, most the coastline is off limits. All of the local parks, lakes, and nature or open space reserves are off limits. Most of the inland areas are off limits. The few legal spots hold little of interest. Sure, a video of a parking lot could be interesting, but then, not so much.

Screaming media assertions that drones are spying on you, are filling the sky with dangerous projectiles ready to crash on or into any innocent bystanders that happen to be out of doors, or that are endangering everything else that flies, have left us with a great tool, we basically can’t use.

It’s of little surprise that fewer people would be buying them.

I don’t know what part of the USA you live in but I’ve seen everything you describe on TV. Hard to believe that this is America where it’s happening. Here in Florida you’d get arrested if not shot and killed for committing any of the offenses you describe. It’s still civilized here, maybe that’s why we’ve seen an influx of people from parts of the country where this craziness is happening.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic