Drone recovery - from a tree, on an island, in a reservoir

Thought of that, and of lifting my drone out of the tree with another, but we don't have a harness/release mechanism. Also unclear whether Derek's Mavic would have been up to the task power-wise. It probably could have lifted the rope, but the Phantom, I'd guess - no. Plus, as you saw, we couldn't 'shake the bugger down'. We actually had to lift the drone off its perch using the pole.
Have a look at Mantis claw for the future,,I got ohe in the past but cant find it to show,,in this case though as it was lodged in the tree it probably wouldn't work but handy to have about,,

Reactions: MTO
I had a roughly similar experience. Won’t bore you with the details. Ended up having a tree climber go up and get it but that was interesting in itself. Although I got scolded in the video comments because the guy used spikes …

Reactions: WV. Rootman and MTO
I had a roughly similar experience. Won’t bore you with the details. Ended up having a tree climber go up and get it but that was interesting in itself. Although I got scolded in the video comments because the guy used spikes …

He sure was out on a limb. There is a lot of hypocrisy in those who scolded you. I'm sure no woodpecker would have cared.

Reactions: quadrotor

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20