Drone may have been radar jammed

Reaction score
took flight at a small island with limited infrastructure and buildings. Hotel didnt seem accomodating to the drone and coincidentially 5m after having discussions it disconnected only a few hundred metres out. 20m earlier was 1 plus km out

I have .DAT logs from the phantom 3 standard, can anyone assist to determine if it was radar jammed or other. I had lost sight of the drone and after 12m of restartnig app etc.... was giving up and turned off remote then back on and as i was leaving heard it hover back over me perhaps auto returning to home.

as i was leaving heard it hover back over me perhaps auto returning to home.
Most likely yes. If you wish to share the .dat file, you will need to upload that to a share site such as google drive, dropbox, etc...and place a link back here to that. To start with however, if you use airdata you can share the link to that as a starting point. Otherwise upload your device log to the link below. Instructions are on the link.

Log Viewer

Most likely yes. If you wish to share the .dat file, you will need to upload that to a share site such as google drive, dropbox, etc...and place a link back here to that. To start with however, if you use airdata you can share the link to that as a starting point. Otherwise upload your device log to the link below. Instructions are on the link.

Log Viewer
thankyou. uploaded 3 as they are all time stamped the same time
phantom3 - Google Drive
it happened around 6m into the 12m flight. It disconnected and was unable to reconnect.

Not really sure what you are looking for here. But, FLY069 and FLY070 are not actual flights. FLY068 is a flight. A full relatively normal flight. There are a few disconnects which are not really unusual. RTH was initiated in the first one and cancelled by you. The second RTH occurred @235m out and 119m in altitude. For the most part the aircraft was connected to the RC for the majority of the flight. Did you check the RC when you lost visual from the app?

Capture.PNG

@flyguy_ Just to make sure we are on the same page. This is the FLY068 flight profile.

CaptureLOCATION.PNG

Reactions: Blade4 and Cavepig7
The red circle is where it disconnected and also lost wifi connection. Reset app didn't work. Turned wifi on and off to reconnect and didn't work. It seems off your chart to my moving the RC higher as I couldn't see it did work so there was still functionality just not ability to reconnect. When I switched off the RC it must have initiated an auto return to home. May be a case of just coincidence and needing to update RC firmware ?

Attachments

• Capture+_2018-12-07-09-03-16.png
    Capture+_2018-12-07-09-03-16.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 806
When I switched off the RC it must have initiated an auto return to home. May be a case of just coincidence and needing to update RC firmware ?
That is what it is designed to do. Nothing to do with firmware at all. You didn't answer the question from Post#7......

Apologies. Yes it was red and disconnected is all I could see. But subsequently it seems as I was trying to keep it safe and push it higher it seems to have responded to those commands. It's unusual given how close it was the previous flight inwas 1.5km out with no issue and there were plenty of satellites and no large or magnetic infrastructure . To you this looks like a remote fault that disconnected that couldn't reconnevt rather than any external interference ?

Apologies. Yes it was red and disconnected is all I could see. But subsequently it seems as I was trying to keep it safe and push it higher it seems to have responded to those commands. It's unusual given how close it was the previous flight inwas 1.5km out with no issue and there were plenty of satellites and no large or magnetic infrastructure . To you this looks like a remote fault that disconnected that couldn't reconnevt rather than any external interference ?
This is not uncommon performance for a P3s... That is to loose connection at short range and not re-establish connection during RTH.

@With The Birds ........You do realize that was a joke don't you?.....Im sure by now you know most of the cultural slang around the forums. I still have trouble with the queens English at times. ;)

took flight at a small island with limited infrastructure and buildings. Hotel didnt seem accomodating to the drone and coincidentially 5m after having discussions it disconnected only a few hundred metres out. 20m earlier was 1 plus km out
I have .DAT logs from the phantom 3 standard, can anyone assist to determine if it was radar jammed or other. I had lost sight of the drone and after 12m of restartnig app etc.... was giving up and turned off remote then back on and as i was leaving heard it hover back over me perhaps auto returning to home.
Why would you suspect radar? It doesn't look like a site that would have radar.
As described, it doesn't sound like anything out of the ordinary for a P3 standard to lose signal at that distance.
there were plenty of satellites and no large or magnetic infrastructure .
Neither of those has any effect on your control signal. You would have to be very close to anything with a magnetic field for it to have any effect (like 10 feet or less) but it still wouldn't affect your radio signal.

:confused:keeping it safe by flying higher,you should have been bringing it lower so you could see it,1.5 km pretty good for p3s,I'd be happy if mine did that,,yes the joys of wifi,some flights are good and some just trouble,,could use cheap windsurfer, unsure why had disconect,could be a few things ,did you drop a fishing Line while out that far,lol,and go and make sure your rth settings are good,,height,etc,if you want go furthur you got a spend some money and upgrade you remote ,unfortunately no radar at play here,,take care ay

Did you get your drone back?

A hotel with access to technology sophisticated enough to limit your range with a few minutes notice? That kind of tech is still quite expensive to buy. And if they did use a homebrew system chances are quite good it was interfering with everyone else's Wi-Fi so I doubt that they would do that.

I'm not questioning your analysis, I just would be very surprised if it was true and certainly would like to know that.

This is pilot error to its finest

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic