Drone maintenance (specially corrosion)

Reaction score
D227BBE7-995C-47CC-AD88-094BA02F47CB.jpeg

Hi everyone. I have P4P now for about 2 years and I use it in all types of conditions (Instagram profile: @droningandmore), often by the sea. I noticed some external corrosion and I wonder how the inside looks like.

Does anyone recommend anything for the motors, such as spraying WD or something similar?

Thanks,

Cheers, Rodrigo

It seems like there could be corrosion from sea/salt spray. Do you store your quad with motor caps. Are you able to dry the motors off before putting the caps on. The caps might be storing moisture under them. I’m not a expert on wd40 but using that seems like a plausible idea.

Reactions: droningandmore
I use the caps when I am not using the drone... it could have some moisture left. I will wait for more feedback to decide how to proceed, thank you.

I clean mine with Clorox wipes when I return home from a job. Everything still looks new.

PS: I too have owned my P4P for 2 years.

Reactions: droningandmore
The last thing I would spray on the motors is WD-40.

DeOxit D5 is a good dielectric contact cleaner. It leaves behind a very thin film of dielectric 'oil' which mostly evaporates.

DeOxit has other formulas also if you would rather not have the 'lube' in D5. I use it to clean the potentiometers (volume, EQ, balance, etc) on old stereo and other electronic equipment... good stuff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers