Drone insurance ?

Reaction score
Wonder if they are offering it to preorder customers. $80 for 2 years is a deal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 451
Like most insurance plans, the drones etc plan gives them a LOT of ways to deny a claim. Most of the terms they use are very ambiguous. I'd at least email for VERY detailed specifics including example scenarios and save email as a reference. Insurance companies rely on not having to pay claims as much as possible. This does NOT mean that is the case here but still possible.

I emailed them this morning about it. It is $175 for 1 year and $280 for 2 years. Currently it's only being offered for drones that have not shipped yet. I got the same email yesterday and checked the site. I could not find pricing anywhere, so I put a P3P into the checkout. There popped up the option for insurance. Still no pricing, but when I added the 2 year option total went up $80. Tried the same thing today and now it does go up $280. Whatever issue they had with the pricing is now fixed. I'm still wondering if they are going to offer this to the people who pre-ordered. If you can prove your drone is not damaged and in good working order I can't see why they wouldn't.

Wait a minute, back up the wagon. Is this insurance to replace/repair the craft if crashed? Comprehensive? Any deductible? Or is this just liability insurance for damage to someone's property or person? Is this insurance only sold through the DJI store? No dealers can sell it? I'd certainly like to see the details on coverage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers