Drone Insurance

May be a dumb question but how would they even know your purpose of use? What do they know if you're using it for fun or business?
If you had an incident and it was during commercial use, that would be very obvious very quickly which means you would be hung out to dry. In this business it is best to keep everything legit and by the book. The more I understand the regulations, the harder that it is to stay within the confines of the law.

From what i heard state farm just does business insurance and to get drone insurance you have to go with skywatch or verifly. Someone explained the reasons for having both kinds of insurance and I can't remember the exact reasons. But it doesnt sound cheap..

I fly commercially and my bird's range from P4P to the m600. I use Skywatch and I have been very pleased with them. I did email my State farm agent yesterday and as someone else has already said, they do not write commercial policies and I do not think that will change anytime soon. so I will continue to be a satisfied customer with Skywatch.

Reactions: Phoenix One
Be careful with State Farm!! I had a claim on my crashed drone. They paid instantly! Awesome! A month later I got a cancellation notice! I had a small claim on my truck and they counted my drone crash as two claims in 6 months and canceled me!

State farm, i hear people referring to it a lot on this forum. No hassel and the lowest rates. Check the archives.

I’m in PA and State Farm won’t touch my drone with knowing I use mine for business.... And you need to ask your self are you just looking for haul protection, other type of you damage someone else or their property, or both. I know it’s different For other states. I use SkyWatch never have any issues though I never had a claim so like all of my insurance, they just take my money...lol

I started checking out SkyWatch, because of the comments in this string. Wow! The price really jumps up fast! Is it common to pay $100 to $200 a month for drone coverage?

I really like Verifly. I use it on a per-flight basis. They are affiliated with legit big aeronautical insurance companies, and they keep my clients happy with the instant documentation for each each flight. It's easy to use my phone to add additional insured, up the coverage, increase the flight parameters, and make other adjustments. It's great that you can now book ahead, and cancel up to an hour before the scheduled flight if the weather turns bad. Perhaps not the cheapest, but I like tailoring the coverage for the flight and the client, and I wrap the cost into my bill.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj