Drone hits empire state building nyc

I said organizations (orgs are groups of people) were actively looking to ban drones and amazingly the first person to disagree with me ultimately found out that he actually lives inside of a drone ban. Palm Beach cracks down on drones
You're not keeping up with the facts here, friend. Now he's going to have to wonder if he'll have to pay a $250 or $500 fine every time he flies. That sounds like common sense regulation to me!

More drone bans -
Huntington bans drones from flying over private property
Paradise Valley becomes first town in Arizona to regulate drones
Drone-usage ban considered in village

It goes on forever... time to stop ignoring this and get organized for the future of the sport & business. Read the comment roll under the articles if you don't believe that people are willing to strip your rights and privileges away just to spite you.

No, I wish I lived in Palm Beach.
Some of the most expensive real estate in the nation.

In fact, my city has the opposite approach:
City of Boynton Beach

Last edited:
I try to always take the approach to not give my hobby a bad name. He might not have meant to harm anything, but it is going to hurt us all.

No, I wish I lived in Palm Beach.
Some of the most expensive real estate in the nation.

In fact, my city has the opposite approach:
City of Boynton Beach

So you called me crazy regarding drone bans while knowing the whole time you live adjacent to a city with a blanket ban. That's classy!!

So you called me crazy regarding drone bans while knowing the whole time you live adjacent to a city with a blanket ban. That's classy!!

The 'web' is full of self-procalimed experts like you who claim to know so much about others and pass along unsolicited judgement. When intellect fails out comes the name-calling.

I believe you suggested earlier that I:
"The next time you challenge someone on the facts you should probably do your own research to avoid coming off like an ignorant sycophant."

Palm Beach drone ordinance on hold as officials review FAA rules

Reactions: GoodnNuff
The 'web' is full of self-procalimed experts like you who claim to know so much about others and pass along unsolicited judgement. When intellect fails out comes the name-calling.

I believe you suggested earlier that I:
"The next time you challenge someone on the facts you should probably do your own research to avoid coming off like an ignorant sycophant."

Palm Beach drone ordinance on hold as officials review FAA rules

And that my friend would have been the end of this conversation, but you of course took it further because you had to make it about ego over substance. Let's do everyone a favor and end it here and now.

You can take your ball and go home.
I'm fine here on the playground with the rest of the folks.

On the other hand, if the FAA mandated simplified certification and piloting test (like DMV for driver's tests), perhaps the hysteria would go away if those who were flying were all certified and could be reported?

So instead of just REGISTRATION, an actual LICENSING / Pilot model. The smaller toys probably weren't considered because of their lack of range & weight is my guess.

Def another reasonable assumption!

BTW, sent an e-mail to FAA a few days ago and crickets. Governmental employees who don't feel like they need to get back to the people they serve...seems familiar.

So far in the entire US there are four cases where the FAA has proposed civil penalties... 4.. Resulting in 0 arrests. Resulting in one settlement for $1,100. I believe at some point there will be enforceable statutes. Currently there are not many statutes that govern UAV flight. There absolutely will be! Because there are a bunch of idiots doing really reckless things with their UAV's. I'm all for it.. set rules, regs and statutes that govern flight and punish the lawbreakers.

BTW, sent an e-mail to FAA a few days ago and crickets. Governmental employees who don't feel like they need to get back to the people they serve...seems familiar.
C'mon..that's a bit harsh. If you really want to get an answer call the local field office and speak to somebody.

Government entities and many businesses are notoriously slow to answer emails - I'm sure many are inundated with email, others just have greater priorities.
I've always found a phone call to be the fastest way to get my questions answered.

C'mon..that's a bit harsh. If you really want to get an answer call the local field office and speak to somebody.
That is who I emailed...the western region head. No auto reply saying I'll get back you, and no word yet. You'd think they would have at least an answer ready to copy/paste.

energizer-bunny.jpg

Reactions: robsquad and bbfpv

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20