Drone for Real Estate photography

Hey Mark
Thanks so much. Really cool.
Very brave to fly indoors like that. One can use a Richo Theta v 360 camera indoors which produces an amazing product without risking the drone.
Thanks
Again
Cheers
[emoji41][emoji576]
LOL. No, I didn't fly indoors. The indoor photography was done with a pair of GoPros / gimbals, and a Nikon DSLR with some stabilization toys.
Thanks for the feedback.

I've been a professional real estate photographer for over 10 years and using drones in my work for the last 5 years. My inside photos of a home are an HDR blend of five exposures, but my P4P shots are straight jpeg with almost no post-processing. I do use Lightroom to resize for the multiple listing service. Examples of each are attached.
View attachment 111877
mls 17067 Pasadena Ct 66.jpg
Great pictures. I'm envious. I would love to shoot a house like that someday. All I get are 5 or 6 houses a month and none of them look like that one. Did you post the walk-through? Keep up the good work.

I use Adobe Lr extensively for aerial photo editing as well as for editing full frame DSLR interior/exterior MLS photos. For DSLR real estate interior/exterior photos, you'll also need Photoshop skills to do a bunch of the finishing touches that agents like. You can get a combo Lr+Ps subscription pretty cheaply. Studying is great, but getting out and getting your hands dirty doing it is even better. There are lots of opportunities to practice if you work at it. Your own house, neighbors/friends homes, model houses, open homes, etc. PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. Good Luck............... R
I use Adobe Premier. Great post. Practice x 3 is great advice.

Hi
Thanks for the advice.
I have been offered a new Inspire 2 plus X5s camera for $3600 US. I have put my P4P up for sale to buy the Inspire. Do you think that the inspire is overkill?
Keep in mind I want to do a mapping and survey course as well.
Cheers
Please allow me to answer your question like this: I've been playing golf for over 30 years, played several of the most famous golf courses, and hit some pretty remarkable golf shots. Over the years, I've spent a ton of money on clubs, balls, and every new piece of equipment. Guys like Rory, Tiger, DJ, Phil, and a host of others could beat me badly with a set of clubs from the local Walmart. Your tools don't make you an expert at your craft, it's how you use them.

Reactions: NAMAPA
I've been a professional real estate photographer for over 10 years and using drones in my work for the last 5 years. My inside photos of a home are an HDR blend of five exposures, but my P4P shots are straight jpeg with almost no post-processing. I do use Lightroom to resize for the multiple listing service. Examples of each are attached.
View attachment 111877
mls 17067 Pasadena Ct 66.jpg

Hi
Thanks for the valuable info for a newbie.
What equipment do you use for indoor and what are your thoughts about the Ricoh Theta 360 V camera for indoor 360 images?
Cheers
[emoji41][emoji576]

Great pictures. I'm envious. I would love to shoot a house like that someday. All I get are 5 or 6 houses a month and none of them look like that one. Did you post the walk-through? Keep up the good work.
I shoot around 15 to 20 homes a week, but I have an assistant who does all the photo processing. I don't do any video because of the time involved in editing. I use the drone about 4 or 5 times a week, for an additional fee, when the real estate agent requests it.

Please allow me to answer your question like this: I've been playing golf for over 30 years, played several of the most famous golf courses, and hit some pretty remarkable golf shots. Over the years, I've spent a ton of money on clubs, balls, and every new piece of equipment. Guys like Rory, Tiger, DJ, Phil, and a host of others could beat me badly with a set of clubs from the local Walmart. Your tools don't make you an expert at your craft, it's how you use them.
Well said!

Hi
Thanks for the valuable info for a newbie.
What equipment do you use for indoor and what are your thoughts about the Ricoh Theta 360 V camera for indoor 360 images?
Cheers
emoji41.png
emoji576.png
I use an older discontinued Nikon D300s on a tripod with a suppressed flash. I have three of these Nikons so if one is in for repair I still have a backup with me. I stopped doing panoramas many years ago. Today's home buyers are in a hurry and flip through the images quickly. They won't take the time to watch a distorted video.

I shoot around 15 to 20 homes a week, but I have an assistant who does all the photo processing. I don't do any video because of the time involved in editing. I use the drone about 4 or 5 times a week, for an additional fee, when the real estate agent requests it.

Hi
What do
You think of a Ricoh Theta 360 v for indoor 360’s
Thanks

What do you suggest for post work. Lightroom?
Thanks
I would rec'd lightroom and ON1. I would put ON1 up against lightroom any day. It is made for landscape (which is what we are doing with aerials). But LR is also great. But you still need to finish it off with PS if using LR.

Hi Folks
I have a phantom 4 pro. Is it good enough for home video presentations for real estate agents.
Please advise
Thanks
Beauty is in the eye of the pocketbook holder. It works great. That's what we use. IMHO, On a side note, please charge professional prices if you are going to get in to this. People I see come and go and screw up the market by thinking they will be the cheapest in town to get all the business. They go broke and leave cause they can't make any $$$. Then other expect to get the cheap stuff and we all suffer.
Find out what your market is offering, start in the middle or upper middle and go up to higher packages. It is perceived value and it sets you up as an established business, because you are not the cheapest in town. I did that when I was a 21 year old photographer starting a new business. It worked great!

I use an older discontinued Nikon D300s on a tripod with a suppressed flash. I have three of these Nikons so if one is in for repair I still have a backup with me. I stopped doing panoramas many years ago. Today's home buyers are in a hurry and flip through the images quickly. They won't take the time to watch a distorted video.

Thanks[emoji41][emoji576]

Beauty is in the eye of the pocketbook holder. It works great. That's what we use. IMHO, On a side note, please charge professional prices if you are going to get in to this. People I see come and go and screw up the market by thinking they will be the cheapest in town to get all the business. They go broke and leave cause they can't make any $$$. Then other expect to get the cheap stuff and we all suffer.
Find out what your market is offering, start in the middle or upper middle and go up to higher packages. It is perceived value and it sets you up as an established business, because you are not the cheapest in town. I did that when I was a 21 year old photographer starting a new business. It worked great!

Thanks so much. [emoji41][emoji576]

Hi thanks for the feedback.
Can you maybe also enlighten me on best software to use for post production and any other info would be great. Btw I use Mac computers.
Cheers

Final Cut X. Adobe Premiere, Davinci Resolve, Avid MC. Final Cut is easiest and can produce the results you want, wheile Davinci Resolve is free. Premiere and Media Composer are more expensive but can moreTV/Movie-like results.

Final Cut X. Adobe Premiere, Davinci Resolve, Avid MC. Final Cut is easiest and can produce the results you want, wheile Davinci Resolve is free. Premiere and Media Composer are more expensive but can moreTV/Movie-like results.

Hi
I was told and have already subscribed to Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop.
[emoji41][emoji576]

Do you use propeller guards on the inside shots?

I've not had good success with prop guards on a Mavic Pro. It might be that I just didn't buy the right ones, but they caused so much vibration that it messed up the photography. Haven't tried it on P4P.

Also get good at flying without GPS if you're going to be indoors.

I had a famous photographer tell me one time that "it's not the cost fo the equipment in our bag, it's the eye of the person behind the camera".

Do you use propeller guards on the inside shots?
Keep in mind that Prop Guards can change the performance and dynamics of the aircraft and more so in tight quarters. If you use them, practice with them many times before "going on the job" with them. You don't want your first experience with them to be for REAL!!

Hi Folks
I have a phantom 4 pro. Is it good enough for home video presentations for real estate agents.
Please advise
Thanks

It’s more than enough for most people as long as you know how to use it. I do some drone work for my realtor friends as well as my own construction company.

The other problem is that there are a lot of people doing drone work on the Real Estate side that are ignoring dollars to chase pennies. This is true for many industries but it’s especially bad in Real Estate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.