Drone for Home Inspections?

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a hang glider/paragliding/powered parachute pilot who wants to get a drone to fly with me...and to use as a tool for home inspections (no more climbing on roofs?) I am at square one regarding this topic, and could use as much guidance as possible. It's good to be here (the videos I saw last night using drones took my breath away!
Paraglider

Surf here a bit more then decide how much $$ you can afford. Obviously, everyone here is a phantom fan and will give you lots of suggestions, etc. Pick one and fly it a while. And while you are getting some experience, you can start looking into getting your remote pilot certificate which is required For doing any commercial drone work. Sounds intimidating, but it really is something that you can do.

Welcome to the forum Paraglider.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)
Start maybe in this section and you might find the info your looking for DJI Phantom Drone Forum

I bought the Phantom 4 pro this week at Best Buy, and right out of the box I am hooked! I have flown it a half-dozen times so far (we had almost a foot of snow here in the Portland area (which is why I missed the PDXDrones meeting ): , and the treetops are spectacular from above!) I have landed it--in the wind--spot-on every time (haven't even used the auto-controls yet!)
I almost sprung for an $900 coarse to learn how to fly...but I'm glad I saved my money to purchase more batteries and things I need to fly right (their seems to be a little confusion about which batteries go in which bird (why can't they just say "For Phantom 4 PRO" So far I have taken better videos (to be posted soon) than I would have ever believed possible--and I don't even know how to operate the **** thing yet...
Thanks to everyone who has helped me on this journey so far.

Reactions: tjshelton

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT