Drone flown over Airbus on approach to Heathrow, at 1700 feet altitude

"......... According to a survey carried out by the British Airline Pilots Assosociation (BALPA), more than half (52%) of the British public think that those who endanger an aircraft while flying a drone should be given a prison sentence........."

News organizations with an agenda always throw this nugget out there. 52% of "any" public don't have the slightest clue about most "anything" going on around them! But, yes, the idiots flying in this manner need to be found and prosecuted. Nothing is going to change until someone is made an example of.

Reactions: J.James and Eidetic
1700 feet up?:rolleyes: Just more fuel to the fire because when it comes time for legislation, they will use all of these incidents to promote why everything should be restricted.

Reactions: J.James
I like how they also describe it as being a disaster even tho there was no disaster whats so ever. As a result of the drone NOT coming in to contact with the plane at all or it even having to do any evasive maneuvers to avoid the drone.

I live on the edge of the DJI "no fly" zone for Heathrow. Even outside of that, I refuse to fly around here because of low-flying helicopters. Completely ridiculous and irresponsible thing to do. Imagine if it caused an accident. I hope they find the guy who did this.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20